z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 7)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:07 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Okay." Ky nodded and smiled, uncertainly pulling the door open. "It was nice to see both of you again."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:10 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"And you as well," Rickard added. "We'll see you tonight?"
"We will," Sera confirmed. "Have a good day, Ky!"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:12 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"You too!" Ky smiled and walked to the hall, shutting the door behind her. She wanted to go find Zander. But she figured she'd let Gaius know she was cleared, first, so that he'd have time to figure out when he wanted to introduce her to her new trainer, since it obviously wouldn't happen immediately.

She decided to start with his study, since it'd be easier to find him there than it would to wander around the library. And if he wasn't there, then she could take on the herculean task of trying to scour the entire library for him. Or, maybe, she'd make a quick loop around it and give up if she didn't find him. They'd see.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:19 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius was indeed in his study, poring over documents he needed to sign for the war. Some of them had been drawn up this morning. His eyelids were already drooping, despite the cup of strong tea sitting beside him. The quill pen in his left hand was about to drip ink onto the parchment.
He didn't want to do any of this right now. Rönn was all he could think about; the stories he could tell! The histories he might be able to clear up! It was unbearable, knowing how near he was and yet how far away. He needed to arrange for food to be flung over again as soon as humanly possible, so he could speak to Rönn in private.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky walked to the second floor quickly, and then took an equal amount of time to make it down the last hallway towards the study. Why was she so avoidant of going to talk to him? They were on good terms now.

Sure, he was probably going to force her to pick a trainer and she’d have a huge surge of anxiety and blush and embarrass herself. But she really ought to be used to him by now. And yet.

She hesitated outside his study for an awkwardly long time, hoping to god that he wouldn’t walk out and catch her lurking. And also hoping that no one else would walk by and witness her having to muster her courage.

What was she doing?

Asking for a favor. That’s what.

And she hated herself for it.

She’d need to reiterate to him that she was in no way expecting this and it’d be okay if he changed his mind and how she thought she should just have a foot soldier if anything because anyone higher would be a waste of their time.

She considered just leaving.

But, then, Sera would almost certainly mention it at the next meal. And then it’d be even more awkward to explain that she’d been too cowardly to talk to Gaius about it of her own volition.

She took a deep breath and knocked, half hoping he wasn’t there.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius looked up, immediately alert. "Who is it?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Ky.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:16 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Come in." He shuffles some of his papers off to the side, leaning forward.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:18 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky took a deep breath and pushed the door open, forcing herself to keep her shoulders squared and head high. To not cower. She offered a little smile. “Hi! How are you?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius nodded to her. "Well enough. I'm immensely bored, but I've grown used to that, I suppose. Better bored than dead."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:26 am
View Likes
Shady says...

How was she even supposed to respond to a comment like that? “Oh, uh, heh.” She smiled nervously. “No doubt about that! I, uh, hope you get less bored, though?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:27 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Doubtful." He looked back at his papers. "What can I do for you, Ky?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh, I, um.” She’d known this was going to be awkward. Why hadn’t she prepared what she wanted to say? Then again, no amount of preparation would have given her a response for his sarcasm about boredom. “Just wanted to let you know that I got the stitches out.” She awkwardly held her arm up, even though it was covered in a sleeve so nothing was actually visible. “And Sera said that I’m, uh, cleared, so, uh… yeah.” She smiled nervously.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:33 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Oh." He glanced at her arm. "For sword training, you mean?" That would be an excellent excuse for him to get out of here. "Would you like me to gather the candidates for you?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Um, yes, please. Whenever’s convenient! No rush at all.”

[they/he]

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye