Young Writers Society

The Celebrity Conundrum

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:31 am
View Likes
Lib says...

While Alex was gone, there was an awkward conversation in the living room. Jonah cleared his throat when Alex left and looked at Avery. "Are you gay?"

"Bi." Avery said uneasily. He really didn't want to get into this right now, especially not with people he had just met.

Jonah nodded slowly. He was waiting for Avery to ask whether he was gay or not. When he didn't, Jonah decided to question him again. "You like Alex don't you?" he asked. Avery gawked at him, a blush creeping up. This young man had guts. Zoey elbowed him in the ribs and smiled apologetically at Avery.

"Sorry... he's being stupid... and very annoying." she gestured vaguely at the alcohol he had been drinking. Elizabeth took it away and set it on the dining table.

"James should be home soon." she checked the time. Seven twenty. "I'll have some explaining to do."

Jonah slowly got up to his feet and walked carefully towards the alcohol, smirked, and finished up the last of the bottle while Elizabeth was busy with her phone. Avery internally rolled his eyes. Now he felt like sleeping in a different room that had a lock. Zoey smacked the back of his head and Jonah laughed.

Right then, Alex walked in.

Elizabeth got up. "I'll show you to the bathrooms and get out some pajamas for all of you. We always carry extras."
*insert quirky signature here*

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:12 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“Thank you.” Alex said to Elizabeth, then turned to the others when she left. Jonah seemed to have served himself some more alcohol, “Did I miss anything?”

“Yes! Ave…” Jonah started, putting down his drink.

“No, you didn’t. We were just talking about how neat it would be to have two dads.” Zoey said, eyeing Jonah. He rolled his eyes and returned to his drink.

“Oh, yeah, it’s pretty cool. Hard during middle school, but they helped me a lot.” Alex smiled. She loved her dads. They were such a big part of her life and really meant a lot to her.

Elizabeth returned with some pajamas, “Here you are! Sorry if they aren’t your size.” Alex took the small, light green pajama shirt and dark blue shorts. Everybody else picked out theirs and they each took turns changing in the bathrooms.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:25 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery had dressed into flannel trousers and a black t-shirt. "Thanks so much Liz." he smiled at her.

She nodded at everyone. "Y'all know where the food and everything is." she said and retired to her room.

Zoey shoved Jonah into the guest room and followed in with him. She closed the door after flashing Alex and Avery a smile amd wishing them a goodnight. Avery sat on one couch.

He stared at the poisounus powder. He re-capped it and slipped it back into its Ziploc bag.

He looked up at Alex and randomly asked her, "How are you?"

142 Reviews

Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“Eh, fine. I’m hoping that, either during or after this mystery, we can still do some sight-seeing and things we wanted to do. My dads say hi, by the way.” Alex answered, laying on the other sofa, “How are you?”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:37 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery bobbed his head and laid down on his belly, staring out the window at the still busy streets - but they weren't as busy as before.

"Today's been pretty crazy." he commented drowsily. "That's all. And I'm dead tired." he yawned and his eyes slowly closed. "'Night, Alex." he said softly before he dozed off into a restless sleep - the usual.

142 Reviews

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:46 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“Goodnight, Avery,” Alex said, covering herself with a blanket. She spent about ten minutes on her phone, then drifted off to bed.

xXx

Alex woke up to the sun shining through the window. She rolled over and checked the time, 9am. She stared at the ceiling, until she heard a noise.

“Try not to wake them dear.” Elizabeth whispered from the hallway.

“I’ll do whatever I want, it’s my house.” James said, not trying to be quiet.

“First of all, shush. And second, I bought this apartment before I met you, so it’s technically mine.” Elizabeth retailated.

“Oh, just stop. I am sick of you not appreciating me and the money I use to help support us!” James yelled.

“Please! You hardly make anything compared to me and my brother. Now, get out of the apartment. We’re busy.” Alex watched as James stormed out of the apartment and Elizabeth walked into the kitchen. She looked better than she had the night before, but she was about to cry, again.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:59 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery had heard James slam the front door shut, and as a result,he hadbolted upright, his hair a mess, and his eyes tired-looking, making him look a decade older. He saw Alex awake, and then he heard a sniffle.

"What the hell?" he mouthed at her, furrowing his brows deeply.

142 Reviews

Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:13 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“Argument.” Alex mouthed back. She stretched and stood up. She walked over to the window and stared.

Elizabeth had walked into the room while Alex’s back was turned, “Oh, good morning. Did I wake you?”

Alex twitched, not noticing Elizabeth entering the room, “Nope! I woke up a couple of seconds ago.” Alex lied.

“Well, James has gone off to… sign some more books. Would you like some breakfast?” Elizabeth started folding the blankets Alex used last night.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:00 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Good morning." Avery stood up and folded his own blanket. "What's there for breakfast?"

"Anything you wish." Elizabeth took the folded blanket from Avery. "I'll go wake up Jonah and Zoey - they're deep sleepers. In the meantime, you guys freshen up and think about what you want." She left with the blankets in hand.

When she was out of earshot, Avery turned to Alex. "Her husband is an idiot." he said flatly before leaving the living to go brush his teeth and change into his clothes from the previous day.

142 Reviews

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:14 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“I couldn’t agree more.” Alex said as Avery left. She quickly closed the blinds, changed into her clothes from yesterday, and folded the pajamas. Alex then re-opened the blinds as Elizabeth walked in.

“Did you decide on what you wanted to eat?” Elizabeth said, Jonah and Zoey behind her.

“Pancakes, if that’s OK, and coffee.” Alex replied.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:24 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Jonah and Zoey were already changed. Avery walked in.

"Pancakes sound heavenly. Hot chocolate for me, please." Avery said, sitting on the couch. Then, remembering his manners, he looked back up at Elizabeth. "Do you need help, Liz?"

"Nah, y'all chill in here." she said, waving him off and turning to Jonah and Zoey.

"Water with the pancakes." Jonah said quietly, squeezing his eyes shut as he sat down.

Zoey blinked at Jonah. Hangover, probably. He'd definitely had too much to drink last night. "Um, yeah, just whatever is easy for you, just whip it up for me." she said, still watching Jonah closely.

Elizabeth smiled, and rushed back into the kitchen. Zoey sat down beside her brother. "So, were are we going first today?"

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:33 pm
looseleaf says...

“Well, we should check out those skyscrapers.” Alex pulled up the notes on her phone, “Try to find that Evan guy, see if he knows anything.”

“Sounds good.” Zoey said, and Jonah moaned. He was obviously not in a good mood.

“Do you need something?” Alex asked Jonah.

“Don’t talk… talk… to me.” Jonah laid on his back. Alex moved away from him, he seemed like the type of person to get abusive after drinking.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:28 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

If it weren't for Avery's controlled temper, he would have punched Jonah and sent him flying out the window for his rude behaviour. He bit the inside of his cheek. It was Jonah's fault he had so much to drink last night.

"Do you want to stay here then, Jonah?" he said as coolly as he possibly could.

Jonah growled. Zoey swatted his arm and looked up at Avery. "He'll come. A bit of water and Ibuprofen should do the trick."

"Evan lives on Charle's street, right?" Avery asked.

"Yep." Zoey nodded.

"We should go to him after." Avery said.

Elizabeth walked into the living room. "Come on into the dining room guys. Breakfast's ready." She clasped her hands together and Avery saw a dust of flour fly up. The group got up and followed her into the dining area and took their seats.

Avery did a quick prayer and started with his pancakes, occasionally sipping his hot chocolate. "You have magical hands, Liz." he complimented. She grinned.

142 Reviews

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:44 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“Thank you. I always said I was going to be a chief, but my modeling career took off.” Elizabeth said as if regretting her choices.

“Well, you can cook amazing food for your guests. Who taught you?” Alex asked, mouth full of pancakes. She covered her mouth after a bit of food flew out of her mouth.

“Didn’t your dad?” Zoey said.

“Yes, my dad. He gave me all the family recipes and mom gave Charles all the family photos. Well, she will, when she passes.” Elizabeth smiled.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:40 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery bobbed his head in reply, and continued chewing down his pancakes. In a matter of minutes, he was full and his cup of hot chocolate was empty as well.

Beside him, Jonah kept on gulping water and had already drank three whole glasses. He'd had Ibuprofen as well. Thankfully, he was feeling better now.

"Done." Zoey sighed, and leaned back into her chair, stretching. Avery smiled and put down his fork and knife as well.

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote