I study her before stomping my cigarette out and heading up the stairs. Looking back at her, the world pauses again and leaves my head pounding afterwards. What the hell is it about her? Why does that happen only when I look in her eyes?
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I hesitate before opening the door to the house, looking back to find Elijah walking out. Closing the door, I watch him shift and bolt into the woods again. With a confused sigh, I sit on the steps and wait.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced. — Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness