I shake my head, "Because you kept me locked up in my room like a f*cking prisoner my whole teenage life, so I didn't have a chance to go out and live like a normal person," I mutter.
My mom stays silent, arms crossed.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!
Her father shakes his head and backs up, "You say that now. Just wait. I'm done with this. I loved you then and I love you now, as every father would. Hold your grudge. It won't change anything."
With that, he disappears and I glance at Riley.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way. — Isabel Quintero