z

Young Writers Society

The Waiting Room

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:23 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

“So it’s… a drawing,” Mallon repeats slowly, “but it…helps with your magic. Like…like sigils?” He looks at the drawing. It’s gonna be there forever? “Does that mean it’ll stay when you die, or will it leave because the magic’ll be gone?”
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:09 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Izabella had seen the boy looking at her in the corner of her eye. She had probably been scoffing too loud. She continued to pretend to read.

Maybe it was time to speak up. After all, he had seen her already, so she couldn’t pretend that she wasn’t listening. But maybe it was fine, since they seemed to be talking regularly anyway.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:28 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

"This is not even a number!" Shiko shouted as his slitty eyes brushed across the number taking up three lines on the ticket he had received. He spun around to meet the eyes of a huge crowd of people waiting in chairs around the giant room. Some of them had fallen asleep, waiting. "Numbers are countable things like one or two. Not block codes of random numbers," he muttered irritably. Flashing the door a defeated glance, he crossed the room and seated himself in the only available spot beside a thirteen-year-old and a sleeping man. He pulled out his phone only to find that the place had no reception.

"Fabulous," Shiko muttered sarcastically, as he blew a strand of his hair that had fallen out of his messy ponytail forward. Sighing, he crossed his arms over the back of the chair in front of him. His slitty eyes wandered to the neat ticket lying vulnerable on the knee of the sleeping man beside him. It only took up two lines. Flashing a glance at the girl beside him and hoping she wouldn't notice, he slid the man's ticket off his knee and replaced it with his own.
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:03 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Izabella had stopped looking at the people next to her having a discussion about magic, and had now drawn her attention to the teenage boy who had just sat down next to her. She had heard him shout something about the ticket, which she chuckled at a little in her seat.

And yes, she did notice him switch tickets with the man next to him. She supposed she might as well jump in, since she had nothing to do anyway. The part in her book was getting boring.

Izabella leaned to the side. "I saw you do that," Izabella whispered to the boy.

(101 words)
Last edited by LuminescentAnt on Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:15 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Railyn let his sleeve drop back down and pondered the boy's question. "It is like sigils, yes. Sigils that were carved on my skin by the very magic I started using. So, I guess once the magic leaves my body, that tattoos should, too."
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

150 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:20 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

"And whatcha gonna try to do about it?" Shiko asked, casting the girl beside him a smug glance and sliding the stolen ticket beneath his thigh. An undefeated half-smile touched his lips. "Besides, the way the dude's going, he's just gonna sleep right through his number anyway. If anything, I'm just doing him a favor, giving him extra time to rest." Lifting his chin in a self-assertive fashion, he slid his arms across his chest and tilted his chair back.

33 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:05 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

“Huh,” Mallon said, thinking that over. “Weird.”
he/she/they

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:12 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Izabella scoffed and rolled her eyes. He gives himself way too much credit. she thought. Luckily, she was ready with an answer.

“So what? You don’t even know who he is. For all you know, he’s jet lagged because he just took a flight from the other side of the world just to come here. And what if the thing he’s waiting for is something amazing, like a medal or immortality or seeing someone who has passed away again. And you just made it happen later for him? Now how do you feel?”

Ha! What’s he gonna say to that? Izabella thought, satisfied.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

150 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:31 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

"I feel unfazed," the seventeen-year-old returned, his lips turning slightly upward. "If whatever he was waiting for was so terribly important, he wouldn't have fallen asleep!. That, and waiting for immortality?" Shiko laughed. "Impossible."
Last edited by Kaia on Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:01 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Spoiler! :
Let's keep it family friendly, please ^^

Railyn leaned back. His mind was buzzing and he wanted desperately to be doing something that wasn't just sitting there and waiting. He was not the type of person who could keep still for very long. He tapped his not-injured foot absentmindedly. Hopefully his answers satisfied the kid's thirst for knowledge.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

33 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:08 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Mallon watched the older boy, falling into silence. He doesn’t want to annoy him or pester him with questions, but he can’t help but ask another. “So you do magic. Is that, like—okay where you are? Like is it accepted there? Because in my home some people are okay with it, and some people really don’t like it.”
he/she/they

116 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:42 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

“Anything’s possible,” Izabella scoffed. “I bet you’re waiting here for something boring like a fixed bike or whatever. I bet you don’t even know what magic is.”

Immortality wasn’t possible in the magical world that she lived in, but extended life was. So basically immortality. But the boy probably didn’t know that either.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

150 Reviews

Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:49 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Shiko frowned. "Well, it's not that, but it's just as boring. A doctor's appointment. And I don't believe in magic." He glanced up at the screen impatiently. The number
"164433453543535645555456656655665664565565429075776421646757467853275676775656565647885442" was displayed.
Shiko slid his hand under his thigh and produced the stolen ticket. The first four digits matched. The following twenty digits also matched. The next six digits after that also matched, followed by a matching sixteen digits. In its entirety, the ticket number matches the one in Shiko's hand.

Relieved that his scheme had worked, Shiko stood up, unaware that the man whose ticket he had stolen had been waiting for a trip to a world more fantastical than one Shiko could possibly imagine...and that by switching tickets he was agreeing to going on that very trip...
Spoiler! :
Please count me out. Thanks n sorry for any inconvenience.

116 Reviews

Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:17 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Well. Izabella didn't mind talking to that boy, even though he was slightly annoying. But that was okay. She had to find something else to do. She saw some girl with a big "A" on her t-shirt (hint hint hint hint hint @alliyah) chasing after her chicken which had gone out of the cage. But that was about the most exciting thing that was happening. Oh well. She had to find something else to do.

(76 words)
Last edited by LuminescentAnt on Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:17 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Raquel entered the waiting room with bags under her eyes. As she sat down, an elderly lady next to her said, "You need a ticket, young lady." Raquel forced a smile, stood up and took a ticket, as she looked at her number it read 56677788889999. The screen read 567. "You've got to be kidding me." Raquel said and sat down next to the older lady again.

She took out her phone, scrolled through her messages and saw two missed calls from her brother Lorenzo. She took her earpiece from her jeans pocket and plugged it into her phone. She sat back in her chair and put her feet up. Her black heels tapped slowly on the floor as she waited for the voicemail to load.

"Hey sis, it's me, Enzo. I thought I'd leave you a message as your phone's off, I passed the trials and made the A team. Crazy, right? I mean, did you ever think I would make it into a football team, let alone the first team? Anyway, Mum says she wants you to pick up the groceries from the shop before you come home. She asked me to text you the list, but my camera's broken, so I'll just read it to you." Raquel rolled her eyes, that was just great, that meant she had to listen to the shopping list while she was in the supermarket. Totally amazing! "Corn, bread, milk, eggs, carrots and peas, apple juice, not watermelon." Lorenzo joked, "See you sis, miss you!"

Suddenly Raquel saw the girl who had been running after her chicken, @alliyah, coming back into the waiting room exhausted, "I can't seem to get a hold of her. She is so fast." Raquel took off her earpieces and put them back in her pockets. She looked up to see a girl with light brown hair and brown eyes next to her giggling about something she had read in her book. The girl seemed to be reading Harry Potter. "Excuse me," Raquel said to the girl, "Can I ask how long you have been waiting already?"

348 words

Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
— Homer Simpson