z

Young Writers Society

Baby section?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 am
Snoink says...

Whenever I'm on YWS, Mary wants to crawl on my lap and push buttons. Which got me thinking...

Now that our userbase is getting older and starting to have babies (I mean, we have four mothers in our staff at this moment, albeit all of us are retired), I think we should start thinking about the future. We should have a baby section, complete with picture books and silly rhymes.

If, in the future, this idea is very popular, we can make RRYWS (Really Really Young Writers Society).

What say you guys?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:55 am
Demeter says...

I think this is a sweet idea! I'd love to contribute to that, even though it'll be a long while before I'm a mother!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:03 pm
Rydia says...

I'm not so sure. Think of the security risks and we're going to have to get parents granting permissions all over again.

Besides, think of the mess they'll make. There will be threads all over the place and don't even get me started on the impact they'll have on the debate forums.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:42 pm
Firestarter says...

Honestly, I think this is a terrible idea.

I think we should be aiming for an Old Writers Society, rather than an even younger society. As you say, our userbase is getting older, so if we want to think about the future, it's only right to think about the current members.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:05 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Question! What would go on in the Old Writers Society? A bunch of old people talking about the old days of YWS and how much their back hurts and how their son is always late when coming to pick them up from Bingo night?

#gratata
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:13 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Well, there wouldn't be any hashtags, that's for sure.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:18 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Jack, you can't call yourself an old person if you recognize that as a hashtag and not a pound symbol.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:29 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Actually, it's never been a pound sign in the UK:

Wikipedia wrote:Outside of North America the symbol is called hash and the corresponding telephone key is called the "hash key", and the term "pound sign" usually describes the British currency symbol "£".

Maybe we should have a British Writers Society at this rate, too!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:33 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

I am not saying that an old fart section isn't a good idea! I am merely suggesting the addition for a section for babie sjfggfcv 0 x ggg nb

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:41 pm
Meshugenah says...

#lame
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:50 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Show me your baby can put together a functional sentence, and then maybe we can talk.
Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 am
Snoink says...

I'll have you know that she helped me write the last post! :P

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:36 am
niteowl says...

We could expand eligibility for the baby section if we allow pets as well.

You know you've always wondered what sort of great literary thoughts your dog has. Or exactly how your cat is planning to kill you.

Sorry for bumping all these threads, guys. I go to a conference for a FEW DAYS and not only are all the old threads gone, there's so much urgent staff business to attend to!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:56 pm
Audy says...

Oh not this again. Do I need to remind you guys of the 2007 fiasco and baby Rosey ?

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman