z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:14 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Member of the Court of the Green Room, Court Magician, and loyal Member of the After Watch had a horrible habit. She hated to read the last chapter of novels, finding it too incredibly sad to see a story go with all the adventures and characters closing that final page. And perhaps among many practical obstacles, that is why she had delayed this final(?) knighthood venture for so many moons. The last reviews for this quest had been within arm's reach for years now, but today would finally be a close of one story, a decade in the making. Knight Alliyah was finally coming to the Great Hall to claim her unicorn.

Back when Knight Alliyah joined as a Squire in June 2013, she could hardly have imagined the journeys that knighthood would place her on. The prospect of defending the Green Room had captured her heart from the first steps in this Great Hall. She remembered many noble quests; pledging loyalty to the first battalion of the After Watch under the leadership of the very noble Knight @Hannah, joining the Court of the Commander, clearing the rubble and restoring the library with her comrade Captain Jack, finding her very own golden goose, and going on the @KotGRCommander's missions in space, in haunted houses, and throughout the lands of YWS as a member of the Court. She had so many fellow knights to recall fondly from her years in KotGR and so many adventures to remember. All this spun around in Knight Alliyah's head as she opened the doors of the Great Hall and walked up the familiar Green carpet.

When she had joined the KotGR, the order had been less than 30 knights, but now the Great Hall was bustling with activity with nearly 200 knights among their ranks. She noted some of the members of the Court @keystrings, @looseleaf, @Shady counting up some tallies from the recent review day. Many knights conversing around the Hall stopped to point as Knight Alliyah led her horse Grendel, and the recently caught unicorn, that she intended to name Unclassified after her favorite YWS movement, up towards the front, trailed by a small flock of chickens Alliyah brought along with her on her travels. The horse, Grendel walked a good distance away from the unicorn not quite sure what to make of it yet. Knight Alliyah had heard that unicorns were some of the most difficult beasts in all of YWS to tame, and she knew she would be reaching out to the five other unicorn keepers Knights @KateHardy, @BluesClues, @Virgil, @Iggy, and @niteowl for some of their advice and wisdom.

While it had been years since Knight Alliyah had come forward to claim a badge of her own in these halls, she knew the routine well and with a flourish unrolled her knight's log of 500 reviews before the front of the Great Hall, knelt before the Commander and the Court and said loudly, "I believe the final battle has been won for me. I submit the final page of my knight log as I have successfully defeated my 500th Green Room Review, acquired a unicorn among the lands of the Green Room, and fulfilled all the necessary paperwork. Pending all requirements being found in order, I hereby request to be granted permanent rights to keep this unicorn, Unclassified, in my stables and utilize her powers for missions of knighthood. Huzzah!"

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Reviews: 1
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:56 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander pushed the doors to the Great Hall open wide, and wearing a brightly painted yellow jacket that caught all kinds of attention from the knights inside simply doing their jobs.

“Huzzah! I hear we have some rather exciting business to attend to and trophies to hand out. Will the KotGR Court help attend the needs of our fellow knights and fighters of all kinds?”

They swung their head towards the frantically moving KotGR Court who tried their best to not drop half a dozen swords and shields and horse reigns on the floor in their haste to attend The Commander. They eventually step off their mighty steed and let go of the saddle for another knight to retrieve the now loose horse.

“Ah, never mind. Who do we have here to attend to? A new knight-to-be, I see! Step forward, good soldier, @herbalhour ! Here, you may take some training knives to fight your way through those terrible Green Room beasts. May you seek 10 swiftly and return to fight further on!”

Castle Grounds Consultant @keystrings stepped forward to give the standard-issue weapons.

“Now, onward, we go, with a new horse to add to our ever-growing stables! Knight @OrabellaAvenue you are welcomed to the riding teams of the Knights of the Green Room! What a fine name for a horse, Lime!”

The Commander waved a hand to indicate the inclusion of the house and a knight stepped up to help with necessary equipment for the new rider.

They cleared their throat to command attention before raising their scroll with a triumphant yell. “For our final, but ever so mighty announcement, we have a new Unicorn to declare in our stables! And not just any, but from our very own, highly esteemed, highly dedicated and decorated Knight @alliyah who has come at last, to declare her incredible unicorn forever known as Unclassified! May their future ridings and fightings against Green Room beats be the greatest of all!”

The Great Hall bursted into loud cheers and swords banging on anything in reach.

“Let us hear one more huzzah in honor of Knight Alliyah and her achievements! Let the next wave of Knights be just as brave and valiant as those before them! Huzzah!”

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:48 pm
View Likes
22Midnight says...

I wish to become a Knight!
*looks up from writing* hi if you're reading this I hope you have a lovely day!

22Midnight
she/her

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@22Midnight - you are officially a Squire! Best of luck acquiring 10 Green Room Reviews now for your log! Go forth! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:12 am
View Likes
22Midnight says...

thee journey may have been a bit hard without thee required protection but here I am holding the scroll of ten reviews! 22Midnight's Log
i hope that I have done this correctly sometimes I find instructions difficult to follow.
I am unsure of thee challenges that may come after but I'm ready
*looks up from writing* hi if you're reading this I hope you have a lovely day!

22Midnight
she/her

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain