z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:18 pm
Hannah says...

It is always a pleasure to read your logs, Knight Patronus (@JamesHunt); I always walk away knowing more about the wild world that surrounds us, and so I'm happy that brilliant head of yours will now be well-protected.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:33 pm
r4p17 says...

Hannah wrote:Knight Emerald Eyes (@EmeraldEyes) -- I checked your log and it seems that while I was out harvesting the newest potatoes from the field, you were out battling beasts far beyond your quoted number of 35! So it seems that instead of simply bringing in a helmet and a horse (what've you named it, by the way), you're also now battling with full armor and prepared for a joust with your new jousting lance. It seems only yesterday you were a Squire! Thank you for battling to keep the Green Room clear!

And be sure to greet Knight r4 (@r4p17) when you see them out there in their own full armor -- admire the honorable worksmanship in Battered!

Um who exactly is their? I am a little confused here.
Last edited by r4p17 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

179 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:01 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Sorry for the double post, but I would liked to announce that I have slain 55 works in the Green Room and humbly request that I be awarded with the a jousting lance which I name Henry of the mighty thrust! Here is the link to my log r4's Log of reviews
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:35 am
View Likes
ScarletDreams14 says...

I wish to become one of the Great Knights!

ScarletDreams14

A wise man once said... "POTATO IS THY LORD, FOR THE POTATO MAKES DELICIOUS FRENCH FRIES."

and that is the legend of the potato...

~Scarlet

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m26svqNCNH1qmib1so1_500.gif

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:28 pm
View Likes
AdmiralKat says...

The Badge of Shrubbery and Fellow in Arms:
Spoiler! :
When the crew finally lands ashore, they were met with a huge problem. Shrubs. Now these weren't any ordinary shrubs, these were magical shrubs! :| If you cut through them, they would grow back immediately. Knight KatyaElefant started randomly cutting the shrubs. Most of them grew back, but some, the ones planted a long time ago(Before October, 2012) didn't grow back. Knight KatyaElefant commanded the crew the slash through the old shrubs, so that they could get through.

"As I wish..."

After, making a path through, they find Knight Lauren, trapped in some old shrubs. Knight KatyaElefant slashes through and saves her. As a reward, Knight Lauren presented to Knight KatyaElefant, a badge; The Badge of Shrubbery. Since, Knight KatyaElefant, saved one of her fellow knights from the horrors of the Green Room, she has become one. (Fellow in Arms). Knight KatyaElefant and the crew, bring Lauren into a nearby village, so that she may recover for a bit and go off on her own.
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:15 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Sorry for the delay faithful Knights (and Knight Hopefuls, here's looking at you Squire @ScarletDreams14), but all rewards have now been rewarded!

Look at Knight r4 (@r4p17) with his shiny new jousting lance!
Congratulations Knight @KatyaElefant on her brand new badges of the shrubbery and fellow in arms. What pirate-like efficiency~

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:37 pm
ExOmelas says...

I don't know what to do about this work:

Spoiler! :
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=113810

The poet has specified that she doesn't want any reviews and I don't want to upset her. But at the same time I really want to get it out of the green room because (a) It's a subject I know quite a bit about and (b) My honour is stewing for every moment I scroll past it, knowing I could save it from the Green Room's dreadful depths!

Somebody please give me some advice. I'm at a complete loss.

Yours faithfully,

Knight Biscuits of BatchAvoy.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

179 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 pm
r4p17 says...

BiscuitsBatchAvoy wrote:I don't know what to do about this work:

Spoiler! :
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=113810

The poet has specified that she doesn't want any reviews and I don't want to upset her. But at the same time I really want to get it out of the green room because (a) It's a subject I know quite a bit about and (b) My honour is stewing for every moment I scroll past it, knowing I could save it from the Green Room's dreadful depths!

Somebody please give me some advice. I'm at a complete loss.

Yours faithfully,

Knight Biscuits of BatchAvoy.

Hmm. This is an interesting dilemma. If it were on some other site that isn't based on reviewing I would let the poem go, though I think in this instance I would be very polite about it and say something like "I know you said you don't want this work reviewed, but that is the only way to get a work out of the Green Room." It is actually rather unfair for her to say what she did because it takes points away from people and discourages them from clearing the Green Room. I don't mean to be mean (no pun intended), since I don't know why she wants it not to be reviewed, but I think that if you politely reason with her it would be okay. However, I would ask a moderators opinion before you take any further action. I hope this helps.

760 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:38 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Thank you, r4. I shall do that as soon as a mod that I talk to regularly comes online because I don't want to make this too formal. :)

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:11 pm
Hannah says...

What I've done with similar pieces in the past is just give a review anyway, but clearly remind the author they are welcome to completely ignore the review if that's what they choose to do. Writing reviews also helps YOU as the reviewer get some experience analyzing and critiquing!

If you don't feel comfortable about doing so, though, you don't have to. :) Obviously we want to see a clear Green Room, but not at the expense of you feeling comfortable!

760 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:22 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I'd feel okay about reviewing. It's just that I was actually talking to the author and she mentioned the poem she'd just finished.
Me: Is it on the site yet?
Her: Yes, I finished with it.
Me: Can I have a link so I can read it.
Her: Yes, but don't review it.
Me: Why not?
Her: I'm not looking to improve it (something like that)
Me: The After Watch might have a problem with that
Me: Actually, we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it.
Her: ok.

So now, while I want to review and I think I could do a good review, I don't want to upset her. I think I'll just let someone else do a review at some point but next time she posts one saying this I'll suggest she puts it in a blog post instead.

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 pm
Hannah says...

Sounds good, Knights Biscuits! I admire your compassion! :D

760 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:33 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

*curtsies*
I've learned many a lesson from this most noblest of orders.

William Shakespeare

Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 am
dragonfphoenix says...

If I'm remembering correctly, this means I have finally conquered been bureaucratically conceded my Hamlet? :D
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:25 am
Hannah says...

Ooh, congratulations on your new plot of land, Knight Dragon. I'm working toward my own as well. Maybe we'll be neighbors and have our townspeople play together at the public pool!!~~~

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily