Young Writers Society

If Angels could send letters

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:35 pm
BerlynnRae says...

Hand me a paper, hand me a pen.
I can't believe I'm doing this again.
Writing that letter that will never get to you.
So, should I start with 'Dear Friend', is that what you prefer?
Or should I start with 'Best Friend'? I guess that's inferred.
Did someone tell you, that I miss you?
Did they bother to say, before you went away?
They say 'Be strong now', but my worlds gone wrong now.
Your my hero
And you'll never hear it.

*Chorus*
If angels could send letters, I would write one to you.
Would they give it to you like I would do?
If angels could send letters, What would I say?
I would tell you I loved you but you know that anyway.

Whats your address? Is it far?
How can you read this if I don't know where you are?

*Chorus*

And now were back at the beginning,
Pen in hand,
Staring at a blank page,
With no plan,
Head swimming in confusion,
Heart beating fast,
Hoping for the future and remembering the past.

*Chorus*
If angels could send letters (x3)
I would write one to you.

** This is the song about my sister. She ran away from home. She left her job, her school, her kids, and her best friend. I don't know where she is all that I know is that I miss her and want her to come home.
Last edited by BerlynnRae on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:15 pm
View Likes
Matt Bellamy says...

Hello! This is a lovely song, with lots of emotion, and I really like it. It's a good, original idea, too. Just remember to proofread because in some places you say angles instead of angels, and in the last verse, were should be we're. Speaking of that last verse, it seems a little short, particularly the second and fourth lines. I suppose it depends how it is sung, but I think it sounds like it doesn't flow as well as the first verse because of this. Also, in the sixth line of the first verse, you say "I'll" but that makes it sound like she hasn't gone yet, so maybe it should be "I'd" or "I".

However, I particularly like "They say 'Be strong now', but my worlds gone wrong now". That part sounds really good, and I can imagine a really good female artist singing this song, like Adele or someone like that. So good job, and I hope you get your sister back soon.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:27 pm
TwinSeed says...

Let me start by saying that I deeply empathize with you and hope that your sister gets back soon, unharmed and safe once again.

This song, the simple lyrics sung in my head to different tunes... It's enough to bring a tear to my eye. It's so simple, yet complex and deep. If angels could write letters, I'm sure that they would show this to her; if angels could write letters, your fear would be no more. This was very inspiring, and I commend you for your ability.
.We don't exist.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 am
Anwesha says...

That was lovely, dear. It was so poetic, I actually could hear music playing with it. The feel of the lyrics is so touching, I'd love to hear someone(you, of course :-D) singing it. Really, good work. Angelic!!
Imperfection is beauty,
Madness is genius,
And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous
Than to be absolutely boring... :-D

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:10 pm
LiesOnLies says...

was lovely, dear. It was so poetic, I actually could hear music playing with it. The feel of the lyrics is so touching, I'd love to hear someone(you, of course ) singing it. Really, good work. Angelic!!

I agree with the person who said this above.

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla