Young Writers Society

Plethora

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am
Lil_Pau says...

I see the sun rise in the water,
but it does not rise in the sky.
Water - so much water - comes to my feet.
The rondo begins; there's no place to go.

To go...

Every sunrise you would smile
as we stood at the cliff, watching the tiny
boats in the distance.
Today, you weren't there. So was I.

So was I...

I see so many pale hands around me.
I hear so many voices.
Alone in the grey shelter, I waited for someone
to find me.

I saw the sun rise in the water
and I'm not sure if there'll even be a sunrise.
But I was proven wrong when that light came -
a hand appeared - reached out for me
and pulled me out of the darkness.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:29 am
Idraax says...

I liked it. It's very tasteful. If I hadn't seen the tagline that said "For Japan" I wouldn't have know that you were talking about the earthquake. I like the imagery. I didn't understand this line though.
Today, you weren't there. So was I.
Could you make what you were trying to say clearer here? Also, in this line,
The rondo begins
you mention the word "rondo." What exactly is this? Perhaps you could put that in an author's note or something. Anyway, I like it. Keep writing!
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:35 am
SmylinG says...

Hello there :) Japan huh? Great inspiration for writing. I have to be honest, I'm not the biggest expert on lyrics. I use to have a friend that was nuts for song writing though, so I've been exposed enough to sort of touch base with this. Although, I'm not 100% sure whether this was suppose to be a song or not. Maybe I'm just confused --I've never reviewed under this forum! 0_o

If it was meant to be a song, I didn't notice any real chorus or hook to this. The words were great though. The meaning behind it obviously had it's inspiration. I really liked your opening words.

I see the sun rise in the water, 
but it does not rise in the sky. 

It just describes the vastness of the flooded waters. How they compromise the size of the sky. I love such simple use of words to describe such a great thing. (Great as in immense, not good.) Overall, nice job.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold