The door Disappears
But the entrance remains

If only those vibrations
only inside me
will only move no more

The entrance be taken
but the way out
is there
Last edited by Blift on Tue May 18, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:pirate3:

Tracy Beaker!!!

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Mon May 17, 2010 5:39 pm
ziggiefred says...

Hello,
Humph...well, I spotted some spelling mistakes which is sometimes a turn off. My suggestion would be to read over the poem again. The second problem I have is with the structure of the whole thing. I do not know if it is the double space, but its just a little problem so; well, I just think sometimes double space just makes reading hard and throws the whole enjoyment aspect (for me) off. There are also no stanzas, no organisation and so your ideas are just thrown into one place and this is confusing.

Now, on to the actual writing. There is some potential here, do not get me wrong. I feel the writing style is good. But I am going to sound kind of harsh when I say, there is no wow factor in the lyrics, now spunk! It's supposed to be a song, but I don't feel it, I don't feel you, in the lyrics you know.
My strong advice is that you try to revise the structure of the whole piece and then it will be better to take in and digest. Keep writing :)
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 pm
Kale says...

Brutal honesty ahead. Brace yourself, or don't read.

There were a lot of spelling mistakes in this, and you really need more punctuation. Poetry and songs are punctuated the same as prose, generally. In addition, punctuation helps make your writing understandable. Right now, without the punctuation and with all the spelling mistakes, this is really difficult to understand.

Another thing you need to pay attention to is the rhyme pattern. In some places, it seems like you have one, but in others, it's gone, and it really messes up the flow of this. The constantly shifting line lengths only add to this messed up flow. Your imagery is also on the sparse-to-nonexistent side, and what imagery/description you do have is cliche and uninteresting.

Overall, this strikes me as standard, teen "Look at me! I'm deep!" fare. There's nothing poetic or lyrical about it on account of the messed up flow and lack of unique description, and it's quite incoherent thanks to a lack of punctuation.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:32 pm
mikepyro says...

gotta agree the spelling, grammar, structure all fall short here. I've heard this piece 100 times before and it gets worse each time you read it. there's no real depth to the imagery (what little there is) and alot of emotion falls flat.
I do have to say that you employ emotion fairly well and you can feel the pain behind the words, I just feel that there needs to be a more polished piece behind the words to back it up. if you can manage that, go through with a big edit, find a more unique way of striking the emotion, and the piece will only be stronger for it.

keep up the writing. you can only get better :)

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:53 am
LiesOnLies says...

I'd have to agree with the fellow members who replied above me. Sorry, there's not more that I could add on to.

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote