z

Young Writers Society

BLESS THE CIRCLE OF LIFE [but don't dare speak of the dead]

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:20 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

6. hold still (let me memorise the text of your flesh)
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:38 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:38 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

7. the child, the saint

70 Reviews

Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:44 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:45 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:43 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Spoiler! :
euph you're doing so so good with this napo! i love these poems so much. i really like the exact numbering you put, like "46 years of regret" or "i pressed a kiss to your forehead for the third time this year." keep up the great work! <3
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

70 Reviews

Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:47 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Spoiler! :
awwww thank you so very much! i have a thing for specific numbering too haha, so glad you caught that! Thank you SO much for following this and being so encouraging, I appreciate it beyond words <333

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:38 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Spoiler! :
Your aesthetics are GORGEOUS (with capital letters) and your themes of death / new life / bodies mixed together. I'm also enjoying all the concrete imagery that doubles with symbolism. I think that "April Spring" is one of my faves so far. <33 You are a FABULOUS (more capital letters) poet Euphory, and really enjoying your NaPo so far. :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:02 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Spoiler! :

Here are the poems I'm obsessed with in this thread since the last time I checked in:

#5 OOFF
#6: "i store my dreams in my rotting teeth,
do you store them in the balls of your feet?"
April Spring: I love the image of washing dishes in relation to spring. SO good.

Keep up the amazing work, as you can see I love *all* your poems. You're doing a really great job crafting some incredible poems here. Love it!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:40 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Spoiler! :

@alliyah AHHHH THANK YOU!!!! So glad you picked up on those themes, and April Spring certainly has a soft place in my heart too :smt007 thank you again, friend! <333
@LadySpark AH!!!! WHAT AN honor to hear you're loving ALL the poems - I put my heart into all of them, so this is just the best validation haha!! Thank you so much! <333

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:43 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:44 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

9. web of lies
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:45 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:45 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

10. family of touches

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:47 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus