70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:10 pm
Euphory says...

Spoiler! :
"i hear God crying
on my window"
STOP HOW DID YOU - THIS. these lines. JUST GOLDEN
And the whole of poem 9 is my favorite - I think the concept behind it is SO clever and I've definitely had way too many occasions where kitchen utensils aren't there when I need them the most and the next time that happens, I will be reminded of your poem omg
Keep up the fantastic work you've got going <3333
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:11 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

I was inspired by @alliyah 's NaPo thread to write a where I am from poem. its my first one, so wish me luck!

i am from wind and rain and dust, from central and eastern oregon.
church on sundays, and cherry trees in spring, and flowers and dandelion chains.
from bikes and the hill in the sidewalk, from cool evenings and the gray house in the very back of the neighborhood.
from my cousins, my grandparents, my aunts, my uncles, my mom and my dad, and the wolf dog that was my family for a long time (but not long enough)
i am from shyness and reading ramona books at age five, from playgrounds and first day friends, from hugs from my teacher and they boy who pulls my hair in line. from the park and the trees and never growing up until now.
Spoiler! :
@Euphory Thank you so much for your comment!!! That made my day <333
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon May 01, 2023 7:28 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Spoiler! :
Ah! I love that I inspired you to try out a "Where I'm From" poem - they're a lot of fun, some people use this more specific format, but I think it's easier to just do free-form, but you might try out the other form sometime too! Your poems are so rich with nostalgia and I love the specificity and the warm memories / reflections on "growing up". Great thread this month hannah, I had a lot of fun reading along with your poetry and really appreciate your thoughtful, reflective poetic-voice!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon May 01, 2023 3:50 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

Spoiler! :
aaaaahhhhh @alliyah thank you so much!!!!! that made my day! i’ll definitely try that other poem format out. thank you for all of your encouraging comments this month!
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe