z

Young Writers Society

How did everyone get on?

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Thu May 01, 2008 9:37 am
Jasmine Hart says...

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where people could talk (type?) about how they fared, and if they'd do something like this again, and what they plan to do now (write/edit?). So...tada. :D
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu May 01, 2008 5:06 pm
Leja says...

Closing ceremonies, so to speak :D

Well, I didn't fare very well. I missed probably a grand total of half of April sometime in the middle of the month, haha. But that just means that I'll be all that more determined next time around! If anything (between this and NaNo), I've learned that I could never be a professional writer because I can't stick to a schedule like that! So I suppose that's a good thing? ^_^

Though I did end up having more ideas for poems than poems themselves XD

Congratulations to everyone who stuck it out for the entire month!! And congratulations to anyone who can salvage something from this month's creative wreckage :wink:

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu May 01, 2008 5:17 pm
Rydia says...

Hahaha, I fared abysmally! I wrote very few poems, posted fewer (I will gradually put some of the others up) and the quality was dreadfully poor.

Congratulations to everyone else though, i saw some really good writing!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu May 01, 2008 8:10 pm
Emerson says...

I wrote around eight poems? Not too pleasant, but of the eight I had a good five or so, and good poetry is rare from me. It wasn't so bad, but I wish I would have finished!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 am
Cade says...

I'm really proud of myself because I did write one poem a day, every day, and on the eighteenth I wrote two, for a total of 31 poems. I think it's taught me some discipline, which I need...now I'm looking forward to editing the ones I liked!
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri May 02, 2008 12:59 am
Sam says...

Gah! I have no discipline at all, but by hook or by crook I have thirty poems. XD I just wish half of them weren't done on the same day.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Fri May 02, 2008 2:09 am
whence says...

I failed miserably. I wrote little, and of what I did write, I've only found pieces that I actually like.

Worse than last year, probably.

However, I did learn that I want to try writing something in script. Maybe I'll adapt a novel...or try writing a play of my own. Not that that's entirely related, but NaPo helped me realize it (weirdly).
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Fri May 02, 2008 1:15 pm
niteowl says...

I was doing okay up until the 20th. After that my life started getting incredibly hectic, leaving me little time or energy to write.

I did, however, come up with a few I liked. Maybe I'll edit/post them eventually, but right now I'm too busy.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri May 02, 2008 3:03 pm
Kylan says...

I did roughly half of the prescribed number. There just came a point where writing a poem just drained me creatively. It also interfered with my novel editing/prose writing. I found myself slipping into a poetic mindset whenever I sat down to write a story and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing -- in fact, it's great -- there came a point when I found myself writing similes for everything I described and stumbling off into abstraction and imagery overload.

Which got somewhat annoying.

So I decided to lay off the poetry and dedicated myself to editing Honor for the rest of april. I did learn a lot from NaPo. I learned that a poem a day isn't as healthy as an apple in keeping the good doctor away, but it also strengthened my prose tremendously.

For me, it was a success.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Mon May 05, 2008 2:47 am
MidnightVampire says...

I didn't do to well. I wrote maybe 15, and only twelve are up.Out of all of those, I probably liked three. Poetry it not my fortay. I was doing ok, I guess until the middle of the month when all my teachers decided to drown me in homework, and my friend decided for me that Part 12 of Family Tree was not going to write itself.(I did get it done, though). I also ran out of ideas. i will try harder next year. maybe I"ll get 20!
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip.
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi