z

Young Writers Society

The Official YWS'tival Poetry Contest

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Have you ever read a poem so spectacular that you have always remembered it? Something so heart-wrenchingly beautiful you've never been able to forget it?

Well here's your chance for those poems to be aknowledged! The YWStival's very own--best poem you've ever read contest!

The Juicy Details--
A contest dedicated to acknowledging the works that often go unnoticed.
"How does it work?" You ask, raising your eyebrow is speculation. Well, my dear contestant, it's very simple. Go find the best poem on YWS you've ever read and link it in the a comment below. The judges (myself and Hannah) will then go over the submissions, and choose our favorite from the pile.
"What's the catch?"
There is no catch, as long as the work isn't your own. (Anyone suspected of cheating will be feed to the monkeys in the dungeons, you have been warned.)
"Well, do I get the prize?"
Well, yes and no! That's the catch. You're submitting this piece out of the goodness of your heart, because you think this poem deserves recognition. So, if the piece you submitted wins, all you really have as a prize is the bragging rights of saying you found this piece. But never fear, the person who's work you submitted will have gifts showered down upon them.
"So, if my submission wins, what do they get?"
Well only reviews from the best reviewers (okay, let's be honest here, Hannah is no where near where Spark is reviewing wise) (lol just kidding) around! Not only will they get a review on the piece submitted by you, but they will also get a badge made by yours truly, and another review on any other piece they desire.

Sound fair?
You nod, and we grin evilly.

There will only be one prize, so choose carefully!

This contest will end February 15th, (five days from now, get your submissions in people!) and the winner will be announced the following day during the GRAND FINALE of the YWStival! (*Subject to Change based on amount of submissions received by that time*)

So get out there and find the best poem you've ever read, and submit it today!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:37 pm
View Likes
dogs says...

you too will turn to dust, one day - By Dreamwalker.

work.php?id=90943#c317245

I'd say the best poem I have ever read on YWS in my about four years on this site. The imagery is perfect and everything about this poem is just drop dead amazing. I'll let you be the judge of that though. Happy reading!

TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Cspr says...

"wish i were a ghost" by starchild.

work.php?id=99274#c347442
My SPD senses are tingling.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:08 pm
View Likes
Simbatheking says...

I'm new here and I don't know much about critical analysis and what's technically correct and what not, so I've just picked out a poem that I loved.
work.php?id=99263
:)

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 pm
bluewaterlily says...

work.php?id=90378
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew