Last Reviewer Standing

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:33 pm
View Likes
ReviewBuddy says...

Last Reviewer Standing Contest

Welcome

Over the last several months, the Green Room has gotten filled with works that need reviews so some of your reviewing friends have formed an idea to get reviews to those works in need. You've heard of the Last Man Standing (writing contest) and the Last Ship Sailing (roleplay contest) this is a new iteration ~ the Last REVIEWER Standing contest! @ReviewBuddy, @MailicedeNamedy, @HarryHardy, & @alliyah will be your hosts for this challenge.

Here's the premise: Beginning with one review a week, each week you will be challenged to meet the week's "Review Challenge" leaving a log of your reviews. The twist is that each week the Review Challenge number doubles - so week two will be two reviews, week three will be four reviews and so on and so on. If you can't meet the Review Challenge and log that number of reviews by Monday (11 pm EST) you will be eliminated from the contest, until there is only one reviewer left standing. This is a great challenge to work up to reviewing more, and start the year reviewing strong.

Instructions to Participate

In order to participate please follow the list below:

1) Declare your intent to enter Round 1 in this thread.

2) At the end of week one post a link in this thread to 1 review that you have completed. (Reviewers are highly encouraged to do Green Room Reviews, but it is not required).

3) For each subsequent round you will have to submit a new numbered log of reviews completed, and each week the number of reviews doubles. If you are unable to do the number of reviews you will be out of the contest until there is one reviewer left standing. Each week the participants that are still "in" will be tagged with their new review target, and will be reminded roughly 24 hours before their next round of reviews must be in.

4) If in later rounds, neither reviewer is able to complete the number of reviews then whoever completed the most in that week's time will be the winner.

5) There's a slight cost to enter this contest to keep people motivated to actually participate - to pay your entrance fee, send 100 points to ReviewBuddy

Any questions can be directed to your hosts @MailicedeNamedy, @HarryHardy, @alliyah or @ReviewBuddy.

Additional Rules
> Spam Reviews will not count toward this contest: that includes copy-paste reviewing, using reviews with 90% template + 10% content, re-using reviews, or writing reviews that are not specific to the work. For more information: Avoiding Review Spam.

> Reviews that aren't logged (ie. linked & numbered) in this thread will not be counted. Reviews that aren't written within the week of the challenge also do not count, so you can't write reviews in advance for the upcoming week.

> The hosts of this contest enjoy reviewing, but in the event that one of us wins the contest, the badge will be shared with the next highest reviewer and the points will not go to the host.

Winners & Prizes

Each participant of "Last Review Standing" will recieve a participant's badge for your efforts. You must log at least one review to be counted as a participant. There are also exciting prizes for those who win!

Third Place 750 points, bird doodle, Special Badge
Second Place 1000 points, bird doodle, Special Badge
First Place - 1250 points, animal doodle of your choice, Squills Feature Article, Special Badge

So, are you brave enough to join this Review Challenge and attempt to be the Last Reviewer Standing? (If so, comment below!)

First week will run March 1 - March 7 and each participant will be challenged to write 1 Review. Submit your entry fee and sign up to participate in this contest by March 2.

----

Current Round: 7, Current Review Challenge: 50

Last edited by ReviewBuddy on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're reviewing everything to see how we can do it better, faster, and more efficiently."
-David Neeleman

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:39 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I'd like to give it a try! I'll enter Round 1! :D
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:41 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Haven't been reviewing much lately, but the prospect of an immense review point prize is admittedly very appealing!

Count me in! :D
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:47 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Heck yeah, I'm in! Let's see if I can win thisssss
She who calls the stars to shine

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:57 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

I'll enter! This'll finally give me the incentive to review all those older works in the Green Room :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:41 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

Count me in! This should be fun... to drop on week 4
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:56 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

I'd like to give this a shot! Sign me up!
She/Her

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:21 am
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

might as well give it a try
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:34 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

I'll give it a go!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:06 am
View Likes
Omni says...

lets see if i make it past week four XD im joining in!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:31 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

I'm planning to try reviewing and writing and quit Randomosity for the month of March just because it is taken over my life a little too much so this could help keep me motivated.

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:09 am
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I guess I´ll give it a try, too! :D
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:17 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

I'm in as well!
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening