z

Young Writers Society

A Contest of Contests

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:43 pm
WritingWolf says...

With the Winter Writing Olympics drawing to a close, I decided that I really enjoy entering contests. So I came to our lovely contests board, and found out that it isn't particularly active. So what better way to change that then to host my own contest? Or better yet, a contest for the best contest?

What you have to do.
Start a contest! Make sure to post a link to it here.
You will have to have the contest end before this one ends.

What I'll judge on.
1. How creative your theme is.
2. How big a turnout you get.
3. Why you chose the winners you chose.
4. What the participants thought of your contest.

Prizes
I may add more points to the prizes depending on how much I earn before this contest ends.
1. Three reviews and 800 points.
2. Two reviews and 500 points.
3. One review and 200 points.
Runners Up: One review.
Honorable Mentions: 50 points

Reviews
All reviews given out as prizes will be to the work of their choice. But here is some information about my reviewing...
-I will not review anything rated 16+ or 18+. (I will do 16+ if it's rated that for language, and language alone.)
-I usually review poetry, so naturally my reviews for poetry are better just because of experience.
-I rather not review something from the middle of a story, but I will if need be.
-If a piece is particularly long I may choose to focus on a specific section of it(I will still attempt to go over the rest, just not very thoroughly). So as to be able to provide a more detailed review. So if you have a long piece you may want to tell me what part of it you would like the review to be centered on.

Requirements
1. The contest must be open to everyone.
2. You must have the winners announced by the time this contest ends.
3. It must be a new contest. You cannot use one created before this contest was created.
4. Each person can only enter one contest. You can change what contest you're entering at any point before the deadline. Just make sure the new contest still fits all requirements!

Deadline
This contest will end on April 1st. Winners will be announced a week or two after that.
I recommend that your contest end a week or so before this one ends, just as a way of making sure you get the winners announced.

Joining
To join just post a link to your contest below!
Last edited by WritingWolf on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 pm
Spotswood says...

Just a suggestion, maybe you would get more participants if you extended it to 16+ stories at LEAST. That's what I write usually :P

Just a suggestion haha
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 am
WritingWolf says...

I understand that, but my limit there is because I generally try to avoid reading things rated 16+. It's a personal choice, and I have several reasons for it. But, I do however, think I could make an exception for language. If it's rated 16+ for language, and language alone, I'll review it.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:39 am
deleted30 says...

This sounds awesome! I'll definitely try to participate, if I can ever find the time. >.<

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat