z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:09 pm
BrumalHunter says...

♦ Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; Vodafone Smart Tab 3G Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.81 Mobile Safari/537.3
♦ Five minutes before this post, approximately.
♦ When I click on the IM tab for a specific user (the ones left of the chatbar), instead of opening above its bar, as what usually happens, it opens shifted to the right. If I have two conversations going and I open the leftmost one, for example, I can still see it, but then it's partly above the one to its right. If I open said one on the right, it appears above the chatbar, or even partly off the screen. The previous IM did this a lot, but it's the first time this new one does it.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:32 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

- Include your browser. Firefox
- Time problem occurred yesterday and today
- A detailed description of what happened. I received a gift, and went to the gifts tab to view it. It didn't seem to open the gift. My number of points didn't change, and I didn't get however many extra points were in the gift.
- What section were you on? The gifts tab/PM tab
- What were you doing? Trying to open a gift
- What were you trying to do? Trying to open a gift
- Your operating system Windows 10

I don't know what's going on, but it's the second time this has happened.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:37 pm
Auxiira says...

Hey @AnnGrace! Are you saying you received a point donation, or a gift, as they are different thing.
When you receive a gift, you do not receive a point donation with it.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

75 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:58 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

I never knew the difference. >.< What is the point of a gift then? I've gotten points before from...it said gifts. What does it do when you receive a gift then?
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:05 pm
Auxiira says...

A gift is just a nice picture from someone. It doesn't do anything. A point donation is given from the same tab as gifts, so I assume the automated PM words it as a gift.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

75 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:43 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Ok, I guess it was a goofy mistake on my part. XD But oh well. Thanks fo clearing that up!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:45 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hey, Nate— the Team Tortoise months aren't updating. They still say February and March.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:54 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

W10
Chrome - updated fully
WriterFeedPad

Attempting to access WFP through the site or by manual URL entry leads to this bad boy:

It's been going on a few days.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:00 pm
BrumalHunter says...

My details are still the same as up there. I started writing a storybook post on the tablet last week, but then I continued on the PC afterwards. I had started writing it in Post a Reply, so it autosaved. After I shut my computer off and went back to the tablet, the original tab was still open, and since the tabs must reload each time you reopen Chrome on the tablet, it should reload the latest autosaved version, which was on the PC. Instead, it reloaded the original little bit I had written.

Panicked, I switched my PC back on, but the same happened there. That means the post I spent so much time and effort writing was erased just like that. Is it because the tab I reloaded used the text it had saved first and then overwrote the newer version? U don't know if anything can be done about it, but I decided to say something here just in case.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:39 am
Willard says...

I am having WFP problems too, but this is completely different and has been happening ever since I got my name change. It basically deleted my WFP account. When I click it on the top bar, it sends me to Etherpad.org. When I try to sign in with Strange or Stranger, it denies me access.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:47 am
Omni says...

Windows 10, Opera v38.0.2220.41

WFP seems to be be down for me (and the cast of my SB, Shattered Moons, as we were working in a pad together.). We have been having problems on and of all day but now it seems completely down.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:53 pm
felistia says...

Hi @Nate. I was publish a novel chapter and everything worked fine except after the last step when you click to publish the work and your points get taken away, the work didn't publish, but my points got taken away. I tried it again and the same thing happened, so now I have -400 points and the chapter didn't publish. I tried one more time and this time it published and took away another 200 points. Is there anyway I can get back the lost 400 points?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:39 am
TheGatherer says...

I'm using Firefox 47.0.1 on Windows 10

Half an hour before Review Day I've went to upload the work I had written in Word, but I couldn't... even though I tried with Word and Open Office file formats. I couldn't (every time I loaded it led to the same screen with no text as if I had refreshed the page) so I ended up copy pasting the whole text and formatting it in loco. I don't know if it was before or after, but I had checked my points and they were below 1000.

After I published it, I joined one of the Review Teams and looked up a PM from Big Brother received minutes after Review Day started. It mentioned Review Stops, but I didn't search them immediately. I proceeded to my first review and about 40 minutes after I earned 125 points and I guess I saw "5 reviews" somewhere.

So afterwards I went to all the 5 Review Stops, after which I checked again and my points were above 2500! I swear I'm no :pirate3: I'd like to know how that happened, but I can't seem to find my points history. I'd look it up if it was mentioned before in the Information Desk Archive but it shows no posts when I try to access that section, even though it accounts for 719 topics.

Hope that helps!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:36 am
View Likes
Rook says...

People are just receiving exponential points. no one seems all that upset about it, unsurprisingly, but I'm not doing /anything/ and I'm just gaining more points. It seems to be happening to everyone, too.
Edit: It seems to have stopped now. Someone who had 0 points says they went up by 350. (It is currently 12:40 MST) Someone who says they had 1 point went up by like 2000.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:11 pm
crossroads says...

Hah. I can't access anyone's profile by clicking their name on the active members list-- not even my own. I get the attached message instead.

Tried on Android phome in Chrome and Safari on iPad.

Edit: now (on phone), before I wrote this I couldn't reach anyone's profile; now other people's open, but my own is still giving me that message.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-07-31-14-13-04.png
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren