z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:38 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@steampowered ->> Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look into it.

@CandyWizard ->> Aye, I know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, it's one of those bugs that's more trouble than it's worth to fix. The notifications system is something I tacked onto the base phpBB installation several years ago, and it's designed to use very little processing power. The side effect of that are bugs like the one you mentioned.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:37 pm
Persistence says...

That's ok, Nate. It's not anything major, I just felt obligated to say something about it. I haven't encountered many problems during my stay here so far, which is partly why I like it so much.
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:47 am
MissLyricz says...

Hey Nate!

I'm using Safari and last night between 10:30pm and 11:30pm, I was trying to publish a work.

The problem was that I had more than enough points in order to publish, but the issue was after I selected the "Publish It!" tab, it asked for me to log in. This made no sense to me because I was already logged in, so I was confused as to why it needed me to log in a second time. After a few seconds, it was like I just logged in and the typed up ready-to-publish work never happened. Almost like a reboot. So I tried multiple times to publish my writing piece, but it just kept repeating the same actions.

I hope you can help me out and perhaps shed some light on this problem.

Thanks so much for your help in advance! :D

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:57 am
TriSARAHtops says...

It's not exactly a major issue, but for the last couple of days the 'like' buttons in the forums look like they've slipped and gotten cut-off, for want of a better explanation.
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-11-03 at 16.54.42.png
Screenshot 2015-11-03 at 16.54.42.png (2.41 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Screenshot 2015-11-03 at 16.55.44.png
Screenshot 2015-11-03 at 16.55.44.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 212 times
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

425 Reviews

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:57 pm
Nate says...

@MissLyricz ->> I apologize for the issue -- I'm sure it must be frustrating! It sounds like your browser isn't saving the cookie file that YWS needs to keep you logged in. What may help is to check off the "Remember me" box when logging in. If that doesn't work, let me know.

@TriSARAHtops ->> Could you post what browser and OS you're using? Thanks!

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:03 pm
Amnesia says...

Hey Nate, I wasn't sure if you sent out some review day trophies for anything past April, but it looks like you did and I have part taken in some of the review days and I still haven't received any trophies, My last trophy was in April and I think I did the September review day. I just realized this going through my trophies today.

Edit: also I was using Chrome, I don't know the exact version but it was around like 9:30 am yesterday I believe.
Last edited by Amnesia on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:51 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

@Nate Chrome and the Chromebook OS (Chrome OS?)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:55 am
JayBlu says...

I posted a long reply on someone's story chapter, but forgot to click it as a review, so it was posted as a comment. If possible, could that be fixed? If not, no biggie.

Here's the link for the chapter I posted to.

DUET :Chapter 12:

425 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:02 am
Nate says...

JayBlu wrote:I posted a long reply on someone's story chapter, but forgot to click it as a review, so it was posted as a comment. If possible, could that be fixed? If not, no biggie.

Here's the link for the chapter I posted to.

DUET :Chapter 12:

Not a problem. Just took care of it for ya @JayBlu.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:19 am
JayBlu says...

@Nate

Thanks bro.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:12 pm
Snazzy says...

Kind of like MissLyricz's problem, except after I publish a work it will just say:
Click here to go to

It will take up points, but the work won't post. I'm not so worried about points, it just gets annoying when I have to go try and submit it again later.

This has happened to me before once, but @Iggy helped me with it. :D
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:19 am
LordZeus says...

Hey you know how we each have four free gifts we can send people? Well the first time I sent one it went okay, but the next two times two gifts were sent instead of one! The first time I dismissed it thinking that I might've pressed send a random gift by mistake but the second time I knew I hadn't, and so I lost 50 pts because of it. It's not too big a deal seeing as I have over 2000 but you may want to look into this.

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:37 am
steampowered says...

I've made quite a lot of forum posts recently but my name never showed up on the leaderboard, even when I'd made about 6 posts in the space of 24 hours. Might be a glitch? Or don't forum posts in The Lounge or Randomosity count?
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:03 pm
Iggy says...

Hey Nate, I'm not sure if it was noted already, but the YWSiversary alerts don't happen anymore. Any chance we can get that fixed? It was an awesome feature. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:22 am
KazutoKirigaya says...

I am new so I am not sure if I just messed up or if this was a bug. I attempted to publish my first poem and points were deducted (I went from 213 to 13) but I am unable to see my story unless I go to my works. It does not appear in the green room nor when I search it. If this is a bug, is there a way to get my points back?

-Kazuto Kirigaya

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)