z

Young Writers Society

Test

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:21 pm
Emma says...

See, in my day? Kids had respect for pigs! But they also went on dates with them... And did stuff... *cough* Anyway.. The poem, wow. It is very strong. You show your feelings like there is no tomorrow.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:56 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I didn't understand the message you were trying to put across with this piece at all.

Please could you elaborate a little? Great structure, though.

:P
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:58 pm
Poppi says...

Aaaah the good old days... when pigs were animals and pansies were flowers...
Martyr of Banality... such a joy in life... such happiness... such a desire to just implode...

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:42 pm
sabradan says...

I liked the style and structure, but the imagery just wasn't there for me. Could you please try working on your diction perhaps?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Firestarter says...

Personally I found it brilliant; simple and to the point, with out too many long words, and you arcticulated your topic magnificently.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:35 pm
Muse says...

I think it would be better if you removed the S from the first word. I think the S promotes low self esteem in the reader. Not a good thing. Or maybe even the first T. Either TET or EST...i prefer Est. The french for "is"... so meaningful.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:43 pm
Meshugenah says...

I agree, Muse. Quite so, but as it would be french, I have to disagree. a wonderful statement on a misunderstood subject. Imaagery was a little lacking but succient and simple. I'll go with Jack's word here, magnificient.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:20 am
Duskglimmer says...

Personally, I found it both life-changing and extremely moving. I can't tell you the number of times I read over it, just to find all the hidden little meanings and implications and subtle images that you passed on to the reader. It was just such a powerful piece! *wipes away tear* thank you Nate, you've changed the way I look at everything!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:25 am
Boni_Bee says...

Well, I thought it was short, sweet, and to the point, and I don't like long-winded poems, so this is one of my favourites.

Good job!

:P

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:51 am
Poppi says...

And just think... all this beauty was brought to the word by my own stupidity...
Martyr of Banality... such a joy in life... such happiness... such a desire to just implode...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:44 am
Snoink says...

Poem? I thouht it was one of those short fiction pieces. I thought it was done remarkably well. Normally, when I see capitalized words, I cringe, but this had something meaningful behind it. Something beautiful.

Only a could of things. For one, you used a fragment. Now, mind you, fragments aren't totally bad, and you handled it quite well, but many times writers generally overdo it. While this piece was short enough to not be too repetitious, you have to be careful with other stories that you vary your words and not capitalize everything.

Even so, I love the simplicity of it. It communicated all we needed to know. A remarkably well done job at summarizing the struggles of the human spirit.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:55 pm
Mattie says...

Your avatar scares me Nate.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:15 am
Crysi says...

You know, I think you could seriously get this published. I've been thinking about this ever since you posted it... I just can't get it out of my head.

I think we can honestly say who the best writer on this forum is. No one can even compare to your work. Astounding.
Love and Light

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:16 am
Boni_Bee says...

^Ditto!!! Yeah, get it published!!! I'll buy 10 copies of it, and give them too my friends...its great!

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:57 pm
bubblewrapped says...

There is obviously a great deal of emotion behind this, and in some places your word choice is astounding. Very profound, Nate. Kudos :wink:
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill