z

Young Writers Society

Your Fantasy Funeral (or real)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:05 am
Nai says...

lol Well there's a topic for a song you want played at your funeral, but I want to see how everyone wants to have their whole funeral take place.

It's only a depressing subject if you see it that way.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:09 am
Sam says...

I want one like the one in Eulogy...where they have the dead guy in this boat and they dump a couple gallons of gasoline in it, push the boat out into the middle of the lake, then shoot flaming arrows at it...then it goes KABLOOM! and burns for forever...

Hehe. To quote the movie, 'I don't even think this is legal!' but I would go out with a bang. Literally. :wink:

EDIT: and speaking of bangs, Nai boomed a skunk! SKUNK GO BOOM!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:38 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

My rotting carcas is lowered into the cascate from wires from the cieling in front of the entire funeral party, while puppeteers move my body as though i were dancing to the techno music playing, and the laser light show would sync with all the words from stephen lynch's album. And then, a funeral proscession of bikini clad Hooters girls would carry the lidless cascate to the back of a Chevy Silverado, and i would be strutted around town for 3 hours, before taken to my final resting place, burried in the floor of the Jefferson Memorial. Then, there would be mud wrestling and wet t shirt contests, as well as designer show hosts giving presentations all day long. There would also be a scavenger hunt of some kind, held within a cemetary, that would involve digging up random pieces of random people's bodies. A bag of gold would be hidden in a random cascate burried beneith the ground, and whoever finds it, gets to keep the gold. Then, after a party lasting no less than 3 days, wherein celebrities would come and make an appearance, supposedly paying their respects, but really they would have been payed to do it, so everyone would think i was in with the hollywood crowd. Uma Thermond would be payed to say i was great in bed at a speach she gave during the party, among other things. Jackie Chan, Quinten Tarrantino, Frank Oz, and Samuel L Jackson would all be among the attending celebrities, among others; after the party the federal government would name a holilday after me, for some obscure random event (like taking out the trash on wednesday that one time) and school would always be out that day, and mail wouldn't come, and there would be huge sales at all of the stores. At my perfect funeral, Wal Mart would finally give up, and say they were closing their doors forever, in recognition of my efforts to destroy them. I would also be named emperor of the entire western hemisphere, and my image would recieve a solute all over the globe, but no more, as not to tred on the grounds of worship. There would be a federal scholorship available to anyone who applied for it, in the sum of 13 million dollars. But, it would only be worth 14.50 our time, because this would be 4000 years from now.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:28 am
sabradan says...

Well, as a college student, I need wal mart to stay open, at least until im done with school, even if they are a corporate whore.

Samuel L Jackson at youre funeral: "He was a good man, Motha F*****a!"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:40 am
Galatea says...

I shall live forever.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:41 am
Emma says...

I want everything to be sad, with very sad music and I want it to be in a church while I be cremated or what ever. While that is happening I want a video of my best moments to be on a screen, so they're even more sad because they'd never me again.

At the end I want to them to have a buffet, with lots of free food, so they can eat their sorrows and become fat.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:44 am
Elizabeth says...

I don't want to die.
It's inevitable. So is the choice to live...

Well, I don't really want to think of planning a funearl, considering I'm 13 years old, but for the hell of it...

I want a black coffin, with golden lining and a white inside full of lovely velvet softness and silk.
I want it to be at a church, the one where I got married, wherever that will be *coughScotlandcoughs*
I want all my friends and family crying over me. Telling me what they didn't when I was alive.
And I want to go to heaven...
And I want to be happy...

But there'll be no buffet! *Gasps*

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:12 am
deleted6 says...

I want my funeral to be a happy time, an i also want it to be medieval, an iwant Madness It must be love song playing, an Shame an Scandle, oh an Where is the Love,An some other random songs i like.
I want to be buried an i want the incription to be

Vernon Niel Duncan Mathers *an okay Emma don't get angry i want it to say that*
Aged God Knows
Died God knows

Loved because of his great film an his kind heart *yeah i wish
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:16 pm
Sam says...

Ooh, epitaphs!

I want mine to say: Here Lies Sam, Uber-Geek, Green Day Fan, and Avid Note-Passer

but I'll be like 102...and green day will be all dead...and I won't have notes to pass. *sobs*
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

67 Reviews

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:05 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Mine would read "They never could convict him."

Damn strait he'd say "he was a good man, mutha fuka!"

And sab, dont support the evil, shop at target.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

147 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:10 am
sabradan says...

QiGuaiGongFu wrote:Mine would read "They never could convict him."

Damn strait he'd say "he was a good man, mutha fuka!"

And sab, dont support the evil, shop at target.

But walmart has ramen noodles for 16 cents!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:56 am
bubblewrapped says...

Oooh morbidity! I'm so there!...Ahem. Yes. Well. Anyways...for my fantasy funeral I want there to be a great big party. Good food (my favourites), fun music, lots of people saying how great I was and laughing at good memories. No sad people!! They can mourn the passing of my genius (hehehe hey, you said it was a fantasy!) and they can miss me like crazy but I want them smiling for my funeral thanks. They can wear bright colours or black, whatever they choose. And I want people dancing the conga. And at the end I want them to commend my spirit to the light and burn me in a great big bonfire, then take my ashes in an urn and scatter them over NZ from a plane. Then they can erect a lovely little statue for me of a running horse and put as my epitaph:

Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not here, I do not sleep.

And the greatest thing people could say about me would be that I made them laugh and cry with my work, and that they're sorry I'm gone but they know I'll know everything now, so I'll be happy, so they dont mind too much. :D
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

67 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:42 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

target is 17 c, but at target, the 6 pack is cheaper.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:46 pm
DarkerSarah says...

Oh how I love YWS!

I want everyone to where black. Whoever does not where black I will ask the big Guy if he will smite them. And I want it to rain at the graveyard so it looks like it does in the movies. And I want my epitaph to be something really poetic and full of images about angels and dreams.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

147 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:59 pm
sabradan says...

QiGuaiGongFu wrote:target is 17 c, but at target, the 6 pack is cheaper.

There isn't a target in Carbondale. :cry:

As for my "fantasy funeral" I know this:

I want everyone to wear a lot of bright colors: Hawaiian shirts, etc. And lots of cool/funny party hats. And have maraccas and things like that. I want 8 pallbearers: 4 to carry my casket, 4 to play a happy joyus marching/jazz kinda song (see:jazz funeral) as they bring my coffin to its final resting place. :lol:

As for Eulogies go: Other than the standard stuff, I want three Eulogies: the first is the same one as bubblewrapped's Eulogy. The second is: Upon my death I bequeath to you this knowledge: the fact that life is hard, yet too soon passed. and the third: "I believe in full faith in the coming of the Mashiach (messiah) and though he may tarry, I will wait for him nevertheless"

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack