z

Young Writers Society

1930's theatre

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:17 am
the_red_gem says...

Hey Guys,
If you just want the point just go to the bottom.
At school I'm doing a project on 1930's theater. I cant find that much info and i was wondering if anyone knew any keywords that could be helpful to look-up in google. Don't worry its not seriously urgent. So far i know that 1939 was when colour film first came out. Judy Garland in Wizard of Oz also came out that year. I think it was when gangsta movies where really popular and dramatic kinda stuff like gone with the wind. I chose it because of the double-breasted tweed suits and low back glittery dresses. Very smart if you ask me. But I've babbled for a bit too long now so the point is....

I need information on 1930's theater.

Thanks,
Red

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:23 am
ohhewwo says...

Back then, there were no "gangstas..." Just "gangsters" ... There's a difference. Duh!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:10 am
the_red_gem says...

I realise that there is a difference its just my internet slang coming through again.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:07 pm
Shriek says...

Sounds to me like you want information on movies more than theater, with the whole Gone With the Wind/Wizard of Oz thing. But here's a wonderful website on musical theater if you're interested: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/index.html The 'milestones' section has an interesting timeline that could be helpful.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck with your project. It sounds fun. ^_^
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron