z

Young Writers Society

anyone want to draw my characters?

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:53 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Hello YWS!

As this isn't exactly a contest, I thought it best to post my request here: would any of you loverly people out there mind taking a crack at drawing my characters? I know what they look like in my head, but I should really love to have some kind of actual picture. Points shall be awarded for really good work (how many points depends on how many people try, and how good the work is).

Here are the descriptions of the people I'd like drawn (just ask me if you want any more details):

Danteel (from Born of the Stars):

"The man with the black eyes sat perched on the handrails of one of the walkways. One could not really call him a man, if one had the mindset that 'man' applied only to humans. For his chalk white skin, fathomless black eyes, and sharply pointed ears clearly set him apart as a Nagai, one of a fierce and honorable race of knife warriors. His frame was gaunt, like all those of his race, and his face was scarred at the corners of both eyes and diagonally across his mouth. And yet, there was something ghoulishly striking about him, as if he were the specter of some attractive man long forgotten. The silky black hair that fell to his shoulders had side-locks of silvery white, so he would have to be an older specter, yet there was an intense look of youthful strength in his thin, lithe body and still-handsome face."

Tannar (from Gypsie Eyes):

please note, Tannar has both a human and natural form, if any of you have read the story and want to draw him in human form that's great, but what I'm really looking for is a good pic of his natural form, as described here.

"His body thinned, stretched, lengthened. His unruly black hair grew and paled until it was a cascade of silver-white streaming out behind him. Skin that had been rough and sun-tanned shimmered, shivered and became a pale, moon-lit blue. His ears, only slightly pointed before, swept back until they were long and sharp; and his eyes, his dark, staring eyes...grew wide and slanted and began to glow with a mounting blue light until they were two solid cerulean orbs. A pair of enormous, semi-transparent wings sprang from his now-slender shoulder blades and quivered in the air. "

K'ratcha (from Serpent Crown):

please imagine someone tall and thin, half Oriental and half Caucasian. this is the best descript of him I could find in my work.

"His dual heritage was evident: his eyes were almond shaped and slanted, like an Arashna’s, but were green rather than black. Such green, like the light of a summer sun through new leaves, like the lushest field of grass that ever waved in the wind, like stones at the bottom of a mountain brook."
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:20 pm
Poltergiest says...

Hey! Gyr! I thought you siad I could draw Tanar! I just lost my notebook, though. Come on! I call Tanar!

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:03 pm
Twit says...

I echo your wish for pictures of my characters, Gyr!

I'd have a shot at this, but I can't draw images recognizable to anyone but myself.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

440 Reviews

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:15 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Yeah, why do you think I posted this? ;) And Pol, feel free to enter something as soon as you find your notebook.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:17 pm
Emerson says...

I could draw stick people! XD
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:19 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

If I wanted a stick figure of the Geezer, I could do that myself. ;)

I'd give some major points for a decent picture of a naga!
ohmeohmy

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:36 pm
Aet Lindling says...

I haven't read Geezer in ages... what do they look like, again?
dun worry
it's all gun be k

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:40 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

The naga or the MCs? :lol:
ohmeohmy

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 pm
Aet Lindling says...

The naga!
dun worry
it's all gun be k

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:47 am
logosgal says...

Hmm... maybe I'll take a shot at this when I have the time....
I'm not the greatest artist in the world (or on YWS :D), but I enjoy it, anyway.
...Er, when did you want these by?
Home is where the books are.

440 Reviews

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:23 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Anytime you like, darling! I'm so glad people are getting in on this!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:52 pm
Jennafina says...

I love drawing other people's characters! ^_^ I'll do my best to draw these ones, but I'm a lot better at drawing women. Also, have you posted the stories these are in on YWS? I think I draw better when I know the character.

If anyone else would like their characters drawn, PM me and I'll try! Can't guarantee it'll look good, though. xD
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

440 Reviews

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:46 am
gyrfalcon says...

Yep, the stories are as follows:

Danteel is from In Thrall in SciFi, Tannar from Gypsie Eyes in Fantasy, and K'ratcha from Serpent Crown in...I don't know where.

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni