z

Young Writers Society

Don't know where else to post this...

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

There's something wrong with the points I had for the amount of posts I've made/replied to/etc. I had like...over 1000 points, but now it's back down to 500something. Any idea why that's happening?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:54 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Nate sent out a mass PM on this....every two weeks or so, the points get reset...so the newbies aren't left behind...
I'll copy da mail...

To: Baroness Ink
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:45 am
Subject: Why Did Your Points Disappear? Quote message
Note: THIS IS A MASS PM. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND!

Every now and then, I get a PM asking what happened to all the points, so I thought it'd be good to address this every now and then in a PM. If you already know why this happens, then you get a cookie or some junk like that.

Roughly every two weeks, Griffinkeeper will choose a member to be featured on the front page. He chooses that member on a number of criteria, most importantly the amount of points that person holds. Since choosing based on points would be unfair to newer members, all points get reset to 500 every two weeks. This gives newer members a chance to be the featured member during their first month at YWS, rather than in their third year at YWS.

By the way, if you ever have the chance, thank Griffinkeeper for doing the featured member of the week. It's a largely thankless job that can be quite annoying to do at times, but he does a great job.

- Nate

:sweet voice: ARIGATO GRIFFINKEEPER! XD
ohmeohmy

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:57 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Oh, ha! I didn't even see that I had a PM. o____o My bad. Thank you for the info. ^____^

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss