z

Young Writers Society

Video Game Malfunctions

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:41 am
Dynamo says...

This post is for all you gamers out there to rant about all those times a glitch in a video game ruined your gaming experience. Because we all know how frustrating it is to get to the end of a game only to find that your save file disappeared the next day.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:46 am
Dynamo says...

Let me tell you about what happened to me last night. I'm a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! and I love the game for the DS, Nightmare Troubadour. I played the game for more than a whole week trying to beat the game. Everyday I spent about 5 or 6 hours on it. Yesterday I finally defeated Yami Marik, the last boss. I unlocked almost everything in the game and had an unbeatable deck. But, when I turned off my game and turned it back on my file vanished without a trace! There is no word in the English language to describe how frustrated and angry I was.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:57 am
deleted6 says...

PC Icewind Dale 2. I had good group going when i go to save it it corrupt it's self meaning therefore I have to start again :X.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I own Dark Cloud 2 (best game ever) on PS2. It turns out that on my system, you have to save the game twice to get it to save properly...well, guess what we didn't find out 'til after we fought the mad trees? lol....
ohmeohmy

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:42 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

We finally got a PS3 system, and since we also have a PS2 and want to play those games on the PS3, my little brother had to transfer the data from our memory cards onto the PS3 using a memory card transfer thingy. (I have no idea what it is called. :lol: ) Anyway, after my little brother had tranfered all the data, the save data from one of his Jak games was screwed up and we couldn't figure out why.

Next-gen is weird.
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

280 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:45 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Aw, that sucks. The Jak games are so much fun...
ohmeohmy

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:53 pm
Firestarter says...

The single greatest video game malfunction I ever had was for Baldur's Gate (the original PC version).

I HAD JUST COMPLETED THE FRICKIN' game, 200 hours or so of gaming everything. I had just spent ages killing the final boss (who is impervious to magic) and it hits to the final cutscene with a statue crumbling.

The game freezes, crashes and CORRUPTS my save file.

This doesn't sound too bad (I had completed the game) but I thus could never export my great character to the sequel, and it felt like the game just never rewarded me for completing it.

By the way, I couldn't rescue any previous saves because they somehow got corrupted too. I couldn't play the game again till I reinstalled it!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:22 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

:shock: That must have REALLY sucked.
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

280 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:25 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

0_o
Wow...and you didn't...like...break the gaming system in half or anything?
ohmeohmy

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:11 am
xtenx says...

Back in the old school days with playstation 1...It took me at least 15 tries to kill an end guy in the RPG I was playing at the time. I swear it was next to impossible. But I finally did it one day, and I'm desperately searching for a save point afterwards...

And my cat steps on the power button as she walks through the living room.

Not exactly a malfunction of the game or system, but still very frustrating. Clearly the system should have never been built that way..it was a disaster waiting to happen. I know for a fact similar things happened to other people so I'm sure some of you feel my pain with this one.

And yes, I'm still bitter. Even though beating the end guy was easier after I had done it once..I never let my cats near the system ever again.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:13 am
Firestarter says...

0_o
Wow...and you didn't...like...break the gaming system in half or anything?

Unfortunately it was my PC, so destroying it would be like destroying my universe.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:48 pm
Sureal says...

My PS3 in general. It may be uber powerful, but it has an annoying habbit of freezing. Thankfully though, it usually only occurs outside of games, so it's only a minor annoyance rather than a system destroyer.
I wrote the above just for you.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:38 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Hm...it's not so much a glitch as just something that was funny.

I have the gamecube version of Majora's Mask and when I'd have Link roll, he'd lag but his voice would go as normal.

I've hardly ever had the gamecube freeze on me but playing that game or the sims seemed to make my poor little lunchbox spazz.

Haven't had any problems with the wii as of yet ^_^ Keep my fingers crossed!
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:25 am
tinny says...

One of my PS2 memory cards was destroyed by my little sister. Unfortunatly, it was the one with all my Star Ocean data, and that alone was over 100 hours. Goodness knows how long I'd spent on all the other games, it was my rpg card, so all my favorite games were saved on there.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green