z

Young Writers Society

The. Three. Questions.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:15 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Good answers! that sounds like a fun/chaotic trip! I drove from PA to southern-TX once; 23 hrs was rough! Good answer for the ferris wheel one too - was just curious what someone would answer.

1. cockroaches definitely and then grubs; as far as big animals probably mountain lions and golden doodles.

2. read this as "food processor" first. Microsoft Word! do not enjoy apple anything, though occasionally use the apple version of word for work.

3. for writing -> a flash drive, one drive, and YWS ;)
for work -> one drive, flash drive, email, hard-copies of the most important stuff. I like organizing paper, so I print a lot of stuff.

~~~

1. If you had/found/adopted a kid today, what would you name them?
2. What was one of your fave childhood books?
3. What is one of your hobbies outside of writing?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

I am fascinated to know how golden doodles ended up on a list with cockroaches and mountain lions xD

1. Brennan Ryker for a boy; Alina Rose for a girl (do I have these names picked out even though I have exactly 0 intentions for kids? yes, yes I do lol)

2. Fox in Socks! (if we're talking child-child; but when I was 9 I was enrolled in the "Undersea University" book club which is where the fish obsession started and "Ocean Extremes: Life In The Darkest Depths And Under The Ice" became my favorite book at that point haha)

3. Not sure if it counts as a hobby proper, but I really like playing board/card games with people if I'm not writing.

~

1. Favorite warm beverage?
2. Favorite quality about yourself?
3. (Current) favorite song?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1227 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:44 am
alliyah says...

baby-shady being part of undersea academy as a child is so wholesome to imagine :')

alliyah vs. golden doodles
Spoiler! :
Every Golden Doodle I've met has been absolutely obnoxious - and I think usually because Golden Doodles are so expensive, the owners let their Doodles behave sort of in an entitled way, that they can do no-wrong and if they are impeding your space bubble then that's your problem rather than their own - even if they're aggressive it's just dismissed as cute behavior. When I worked at a camp for a summer, sometimes we'd stay at random people's houses who would volunteer to host us - > and I had a few just horrible experiences with Golden Doodles where one actually knocked me down and was semi-aggressive like biting me @_@ and the owner's were just like "ah how cute, she wants to play with you I guess" and eventually I just had to ask if they could please keep her from trying to knock me down since I did not enjoy it. And everyone was like, "what's wrong with you? do you hate dogs? why are you being so mean to their Golden Doodle? @_@' So now they're my least favorite. Eeeep and sorry if anyone reading that has a golden doodle - just don't let them knock people over and we'll be chill. :]

1. Coffee with sweetened condensed milk is top tier warm beverage material, though chai lattes are also lovely :3
2. Ha! That's a tough one! Probably just my determination to keep moving forward :') though I'm also really proud of how good I am at giving speeches which is one of the main things I do for work, so that's good. :)
3. Currently "Runaway" by AURORA is my jam, and also "Coat of Armour" by George Ezra which I am trying to get a good recording of on my autoharp so have sang it in excess of like 30 times in the last two weeks. xD

~~~

1. What's your favorite place in the world?
2. What's one of your goals for this year?
3. How would you describe your sense of fashion?

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:52 am
Phillauthet says...

1. I don't know... Some forest probably
Oooh or the Himalayas
2. To be able to hold a plank for 10 mins
3. Void

1. What's your favourite non-human animal?
2. Do you like teddy bears?
3. Favourite colour(s)?
bleh?

1227 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:59 am
alliyah says...

1. Reindeer!
2. Yep I do! :) I still have a ridiculous number of Beanie Babies like a good 90s kid.
3. in this order: red, maroon, dark cyan, spearmint-green, navy-blue, dark green, grey, blue.

~~~

1. Favorite Marvel Movie / Hero?
2. Where do you work best?
3. What is the purpose of schooling?

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:02 am
View Likes
Phillauthet says...

1. Spidey (That's the only Marvel stuff I've seen)
2. In the balcony, at 4.30 AM
3. Practice for life among our-age kids

1. Have you ever tried writing with a quill?
2. Do you bang your head on things accidentally?
3. Do you like plants?
bleh?

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:35 am
MailicedeNamedy says...

1. Yes
2. Unfortunately yes
3. Yes

1. What kind of shoes do you prefer?
2. If you could change your hair colour to any other hair colour, what would you choose?
3. What do you think is the perfect age for you?
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:34 am
Phillauthet says...

1. Laced
Or if you mean footwear in general, I'd prefer something like that
(Remind me to get new footwear. Mine broke)

2. Um... I like mine black... but royal blue would be cool

3. Physically, I'm like 15
Biologically, I'm 13
Mentally, I'm 9
Intellectually, I've been told it's like 25 but IDK
So... I think I like 13 :D

1. Do you like ducks, swans, or geese more? Why?
2. Do you randomly spout facts?
3. For how long can you hold a plank? (Sorry, planking is all I can think of right now.)
bleh?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:12 am
NewHope says...

1. Geese. We have geese at our school... I want to be one of their cute little goslings...
2. On WhatsApp groups, real-life or school? It's a yes for all three.
3. 30 seconds? I can hold a wooden plank for an hour or two if I have to...

1. Why do you feel old or young?
2. What is your darkest nightmare? (Trigger warning if you have to... I'm always looking for ideas.)
3. What is the one thing you laugh about and nobody else does?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:19 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

1)Oh I am forever young, why will I feel old?
2)
Spoiler! :
I once saw the death of my whole family in a dream

3)I am too sad to answer this question.

Questions:
1) When last did u laugh heartily?
2)Do you cry without reasons?
3) What's the worst subject you have had at school, in your opinion?

1227 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:33 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hey @ForeverYoung299 really sorry you are feeling down, hope your day brightens for you <3

~~~
1. Yesterday saw a instagram video thing of a dad going through Starbucks for the first time and his sons telling him they wanted drinks that didn't exist like a "trente pinky dinky" and it was so. Funny. Laughed a long time.

2. Not like spontaneously with zero reason, but when there are a lot of pressures in life yeah I would say I cry pretty easily - and cry at books and TV shows and movies all the time or even sad quotes - I don't necessarily think that's bad, just experiencing life. I also used to not really cry at all ~ but I think in my 20s just life has gotten more consistently challenging/draining and I've also learned & accepted feeling sad & crying is really not something shameful or horrible in itself, it's really okay!

3. AP Calculus is the only class I ever dropped, I just could not get my head around the concepts and knew I would never use the information so dropped for the 2nd half of the credit. Due to an accounting issue at my school they granted me a full credit for it though, so I ended up paying half the price, doing half the work, and still getting a full math credit out of it. Also hated symbolic logic while I was taking it (think philosophy + grammar + math) but love what I retained / got out of it.

~~~~ Questions ~~~~
1. Please share an embarrassing life story that you are comfortable sharing.
2. How would you approach a debate with someone who believed the earth was flat?
3. Have a review you are really proud of writing? Share a link!

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:50 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

1. Spoiler for embarrassment and maybe also uncomfortable for people that don´t like nudity, I guess? If it´s to inappropriate I will delete it.

Spoiler! :
Today I feel much more embarrassed than I did then, and yet I can laugh about it sometimes. :D I was eight years old when I was in third grade. We were only 13 pupils and two of them were girls, A (name changed, of course) and me. We were good friends and A was special in the sense that she was from Iceland and accordingly had white skin. There was someone in our class, let's call him B, who was convinced that A was a vampire because she was so pale. He was too stupid to realise that she came from the far north and that's why her skin is a bit lighter. That's why I decided to take her to his house one Saturday morning to explain that she wasn't a vampire (because the whole thing went on for many months and he was still convinced that she was a vampire). So there we were in front of his house, the garden door was closed and we were standing in the street, and then we both undressed so that he could come out to see that A (and then also me) were not vampires by looking for any bite marks. His mother (we shouted loudly for him to come out) noticed and called the police immediately. => I was also taken to the police station in the police car. Oh, and B continued to believe A was a vampire until she bite him in the arm so he would stop. I don't think at the time I was thinking about the consequences of that, but now I feel very embarrassed about it. I probably wouldn't do something like that again, but it happened to me once by mistake anyway xD

2. Great question. I would first listen to the person to see what arguments they can present to give me an understanding of the thoughts they have. Then I would unpack my theories as to why I believe the earth is round and explain this in Simple Science. That is, of course, the simple and polite way. Hence the other method:

I would agree with the flat earther but show them completely different theories that confuse them so much that in the end, they doubt them themselves, so that they rethink a little. I think something like that could also work in a psychological manner, instead of proving the opposite, proving the other person right, but in the completely wrong way.

3. Of course. This one. Really, there are some that I really like, but I can´t find them. Some of Lim´s story are pretty good and I´m really proud of them.

My questions:

1. What is your favourite food? Could you live forever only with it alone?
2. What is your opinion on people that do extreme sports like mountaineering, sailing around the world in a tiny boat, etc...?
3. What is your opinion on global warming? What would you do if you believe in gw? If not, why don´t you believe in it?

1227 Reviews

Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:49 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ahh! I can see how that'd be an embarassing memory! Though when you're a kid your judgement about those types of things is definitely skewed, and at least you were trying to help out a friend. :)

1. What is your favourite food? Could you live forever only with it alone?
French Toast, and nope! I think I'd die if that's all I ate. :3

2. What is your opinion on people that do extreme sports like mountaineering, sailing around the world in a tiny boat, etc...?
If that's what they like to do, I think that's fine! There are worse hobbies for sure.

3. What is your opinion on global warming? What would you do if you believe in gw? If not, why don´t you believe in it?
Good question, I definitely believe in Global Warming, but I also believe that part of God's plan for this world is for it to eventually pass away, so I want to do as much as I can to make the world more bearable and to be a good steward of our resources, but I'm also not going to get overly worried about the "world ending as we know it" because I didn't recycle a water bottle. Even though that's a scary thought, it is also absolutely unavoidable. Also when you see the levels of pollution and emissions from companies versus private people it really makes you feel small and insignificant in terms of what you can do to stop global warming.

I personally get much more anxious and worried about things like food & water insecurity, child labor, and slavery in parts of the world, because I feel like private people can have a more immediate impact on that, and feel like we have a bigger immediate obligation to attend to that too.

~~~

1. Do you have a morning routine? If so, what is it?
2. Can you bake a cake?
3. What is a character (tv or book) that you associate yourself with?

1232 Reviews

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:40 am
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Yeah, I guess it was fun for some people that were looking at that time xD

1. Yes, when I have to go to work, I have one. This consists of philosophising why I have to get up and whether it makes a difference to continue sleeping, get up, go for a jog with the dog, then take a shower.

2. Yes I guess. But I prefer to eat the dough before I put the cake into the oven, so... it´s rare that there is cake.

3. I can relate a bit with Adrian Monk from the tv series Monk. He has some problems and also a lot of tics and I can understand that quite well because some tics are there that I have too. Sometimes when I'm really pessimistic I think a bit like him in that "everybody hates me" way. Also, I am (was) not always open to new things and a bit more conservative, like him.

Questions:

1. If you could create a country for yourself anywhere in the world, how large would you like to have it and what types of geographical features would you add? (Like mountains, coast, etc...)
2. What was the hardest exam you ever had?
3. How do you imagine yourself if you had a different gender?

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:23 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

1. My country would be a string of islands up in the north. They would all be quite close together, you could sail around them in about 2 days. The islands themselves would also be small. Some would have huge cliffs while others are flat. They'd all be covered in trees and wildlife.

2. The hardest exam/test I've had was in grade 10. It was a math test and I had literally no idea what I was doing!

3. ummm I don't know actually. I'm comfortable with the gender I have lol

Questions
1. If you were a flower what flower would you be and why?
2.What's your favorite fruit?
3. What is the best moment/experience you've ever had?

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien