Young Writers Society

Senior Quote

Which senior quote is the best?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 pm

“Very few of us are what we seem.” - Agatha Christie
27%
“I am a part of all that I have met.” - Alfred Lord Tennyson
12%
“Words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within.” - Alfred Lord Tennyson
8%
“So many worlds, so much to do, so little done, such things to be.” - Alfred Lord Tennyson
31%
"One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." - Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
23%

Total votes : 26

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:59 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

Hi guys! So I have to pick a senior quote but I'm not sure which one to pick. I want to take what you guys think into consideration. Most of you know me, but even if you don't, just choose whichever one you like best. Thanks!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I voted for "So many worlds...", but I think either that one or "I am a part of all that I have met" would be good for a senior quote. The first one looks to the future, which is fitting for kids graduating and starting their lives. The second one has that tinge of nostalgia that will resonate with those who open up the yearbook on a whim years later.

And now I'm kind of annoyed that I didn't get a senior quote even though our yearbook was already big enough without them. :P
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 am
IacanusNegraeus says...

Going play the part of the contrarian here for a moment, but why not come up with wise words of your own? Or pick one from something that you have done?

I remember that, for our senior quotes, most of us came up with our own (my friend group). In the end, the tone of each quote basically in a way, summed up each of our personalities.

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke