z

Young Writers Society

Quotes!

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:58 am
DeerInBacPac says...

Flumadiddle here, also known as E.E! I am working in my novel Something More, Something Unique and I need quotes for the starting of the chapter! I do this for every chapter, so you can type more then one. I do not care where the quotes come from or if there is swearing. As long as you have who says it, we're good! I will give you credit for submitting the quote as well! :smt020 :smt023 (: :smt006

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:34 am
rosette says...

Are you looking for a specific type of quote? Can it be about anything on the planet? Or does it have to refer to a certain subject or topic?
On earth I long to be like Him

206 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:42 pm
DeerInBacPac says...

@rosette it can be anything. It does not have to reference something.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 am
View Likes
Feltrix says...

Okay, I have conveniently been collecting quotes for a long time. I'll enspoiler them, because there are a lot. I've only included the ones that have one line, but there's more that are dialogue if you want those as well.

Spoiler! :
No, no, no. I am not weird. Weird has a negative connotation. I prefer the term ‘unusual.’ It has a certain sophistication and gravity that suits my character.

This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying, and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
-The Eleventh Doctor

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful.
- Tim Latimer

These are places where death is an everyday occurrence. Places where it makes sense to fear anything you don't understand. Places where it is important to know the plural of the word "apocalypse."

She said you were a great leader and you died by saving one of my eyes. Two would have been ideal, but….
–Kubo

The story will never end.
-Beetle

Me, I’m dishonest and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it’s the honest ones you’ve got to watch out for because with an honest man you can never predict when they’re about to do something incredibly….stupid.
-Captain Jack Sparrow

This is just a normal day for you, isn’t it? Go to school, find out you’re covered in a dangerous substance, melt off a few layers of skin, and then hail your besty the Councillor, tell him you’re ditching study hall to save the world, and he says “Cool, I’ll come with you!”
-Keefe Sencen

To read a book is to light a fire. Every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.
A writer is a world trapped in a person. -Victor Hugo

Okay, I don’t mean to freak anyone out, but I’m pretty sure that’s a kraken.
-Keefe Sencen

We’re going out! Everything’s on me except the money and the driving!
-11th Doctor

A soccer team doesn't walk away just because they're down three goals. James Bond doesn't give up when there's a laser pointed at him. I don't stop hiking just because I fell down a volcano once.

Did you just spoil a perfect moment by capturing it?
-Agent May

Who takes a screwdriver and says “I could make this more sonic!?”
-Captain Jack Harkness

You invented the selfie stick. I’ve been wondering who to blame for that.
-Alex Fierro

Forgive me. I continue to underestimate the breadth of your ignorance.
-Miss Peregrine

Hello. I’m the Doctor. Basically….run.
-11th Doctor

I can tell by your mustache that you’re a man of importance and not to be trifled with.
-Dr. Holden Radcliffe

Felicity Smoak, you have failed this omelet.
-Oliver Queen

I can do everything, remember?
-Sparkawan

We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? -the Doctor

Ohh. That was pretty clever! Kill them.
-Damien Darhk

You have never been a more endangered species than you are at this moment.
-Baloo

If you’re saying we should sneak into ogreville instead of watching Dex poke a gadget with sticks, I’m IN.
-Keefe Sencen

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks, I’m outstanding.

You came back from the dead so you could go to school!?

Release the kraken!

Interplanar travel was different than I expected. -Thørn Feltrix

My life could go two ways: I could cut myself off from society or immerse myself in it. What’s keeping me from living alone in the woods or the desert? A thirst for knowledge, a spark of madness and chaos in me that wants to know….everything.

"Day 31: I finally succeeded in my time reversal experiment!
"Day 30: I might have a problem here." -Journal of the Prime Izmagnus

Has anyone tried pushing the big, red button? -10th Doctor

You have no family and we are all going to die.
You’re hideously disfigured and will probably be hunted for sport.
-Kowalski

Yeah, the bad guys went a little crazy with that nail gun.
-Thea Queen

You two just melt my stone cold heart! Almost makes me believe in love again.
-Damien Darhk

I never thought I’d say this, but huh? -Felicity Smoak

‘Peace with the League of Assassins?’ That must be the first time that that sentence has EVER been uttered.
-Rip Hunter

It didn’t look this deep on the map…. -Cisco Ramone

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.

You better not drop my future criminal partner.
-Mick Rory, to past self

I’m going to try not to cause an interspecies incident when I’m introduced to the other leaders. Then we’re all supposed to eat fancy food in a stuffy room while everyone pretends they’re not secretly wishing they could kill each other.
-Sophie Foster, the Moonlark

We’ve gone from infanticide to child abduction. That’s progress.
-Ray Palmer, the Atom

Welcome to my world. Now, uh, go home.
-Buck

We’re going to need a crossbow, an hourglass, three sheep, and one of us must learn to play the trumpet while the other does this.
-Jack Sparrow

You have to be good and lost to find what can’t be found, otherwise everyone would know where it is!
-Barbossa

Don’t do anything I would do, and definitely don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. There’s a grey area.
-Tony Stark, Iron Man

Then everyone else in the room would be comfortable and I don’t like that.

Plans A through G did NOT work!
I am so glad you’re back….because we’re about to die.
-Cisco Ramone, Vibe

I can’t wait until you have kids and they torture you. I’m gonna laugh in your face.
-Joe West

Everything in this room is eatable. Even I am eatable, but that, my dear children, is called cannibalism and is highly frowned upon in most cultures.
-Willy Wonka

People who want to find order in a chaotic world call the future fate and destiny only exists in a place where free will doesn’t.
-Thørn Feltrix

Humor. It’s my defense mechanism. That, and apparently killing people.

When life gives you lemons, clone those lemons and make super lemons! (What?!)

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch all the world wonder how you did it.

When you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you’re a mile away from them. And you have their shoes.

When you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. Well, that doesn’t make very much sense because what you’d probably judge is that they’re chasing after you and accusing you of the theft of a pair of shoes. However, you know you can outrun them owing to their lack of footwear.

Some people say forgive and forget. What do you say? Pretend to forgive….then annihilate!

Look, I understand that you’re gonna kill me, but Jace will kill me and my family and my neighbors and my dog….
-Danny Bones
I immediately distrusted the grass. -Nyx the Alchemist

Be careful with that light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a train.

The world has gone mad. Is anyone telling me I’m wrong? No? That’s not a good sign.
-Feltrix

Don’t take it too hard when you lose to me. I always win.

I’m humble enough to admit I’m egotistical.
-Feltrix

As destruction goes, that was rather pitiful.
-Monster

So, how do we get a helpful dead person to lend their aura so we can confront the god of the underworld?
-Emma Swan

“Everything here can kill you. But I can do it the most efficiently.”

"So... I've just realized... that I've been shot."

"I'm just doing what the fortune cookie said! Who am I to get in the way of fate?"

-DreamingForever

Your mother was a remarkable woman. Flammable.
….Or my name’s not whatever I just told you it is. -Count Olaf

I think that I’m a chicken dodging lasers.
-Feltrix

Confidence is ignorance. If you’re feeling cocky, it’s because there’s something you don’t know.
-Foaly

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance- the five stages of waking up.

Why live in the real world when there are so many better places to be?
-Feltrix

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
-Neil Armstrong

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
-Roald Dahl

I’m not going to say “I told you so,” but we could have killed him. -Sheldon

Life’s too long not to enjoy it.

Stop standing in line and kill some people!
Two fast friends reunited! There should be violin music playing in the background, but I’ll settle for the screams of the dying.
-The Whispering Skull

That’s the worst health condition you can have, not being...alive.
-James Veitch

YOLF- You only live forever.

Dear me, I think I’m becoming a god. -Roman Emperor Vespasian, Last Words

Go away, I’m alright. -H. G. Wells, Last Words

...My travel methods are much cleaner and require no eternal torment.
-KiraThePotatoChip

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Someone Incredibly Noncommital

The goblin was highly amused, as goblins often are before their incarceration, which explains why so many are incarcerated.

I never tell anyone exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared.
-Artemis Fowl

Eternity beckons. I’m going to live forever.
-Blackbeard

Behind every great author is a substantial amount of tea.

Now…. Bring me that horizon.
-Jack Sparrow

Nothing is eternal. Nothing lasts forever. Everything has an end. Everything dies.
-Phyrza the Hooded

Okay, self. Buckle down and listen to your brainium because it's telling you to be a genius right now. Are you ready to be a genius? Be a genius.
-Lumi

I think I live in an empty universe. Well, that's annoying. I'll have to write a new one.
-Feltrix

They tried to take away my right to lean back in reclining chairs so I bombed them off the face of the earth.
-Kelpies

My last thought was how much the cosmos would miss me.

She seemed to be considering how McCaffrey would look wrapped in a lead-weighted hook net and dropped into the Mariana Trench.

That shouldn’t have been physically impossible, of course, but like any decent god, demigod, or inventor, Leo Valdez refused to be stopped by the laws of physics.

No doubt Zeus had heard that driving while mortal could be dangerous.

Police Officer: “This is a junior driver’s license from New York, kid. What are you doing with a car like this? Where are your parents and where are you taking this little girl?”
I was tempted to explain that I was a four-thousand-year-old deity with plenty of experience driving the sun, my parents were in the celestial realm, and the little girl was my demigod master.

She was such a doomsday prepper, always hiding things from the other gods, like stashes of supplies, emergency bunkers, and small nation-states.
-Apollo

That is a three syllable word for any thought too big for little minds.
-Lex Luthor

Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has clearly not been stabbed with both.
-Lemony Snicket

Half the crowd surged forward to kill him. The other half shouted that they, too, wanted to kill him and the first half should get out of the way.

That’s the problem with normal people. They’re idiots.
-Feltrix

Ooh, good, an acronym. I love acronyms. All the best secret societies have them.
-Mycroft Holmes

What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.

Shut up! Everybody shut up! Don’t talk, don’t move, don’t think. Anderson, face the other way, you’re putting me off.

Anderson, stop talking loud, you’re lowering the IQ of the entire street.

-Sherlock Holmes

It’s kinda fun to do the impossible. -Walt Disney

A bird without propellers is basically just a chipmunk, and we all know the trick to killing chipmunks.
-Sheytato

I’m so evil; I love myself.

Front doors are more for people who haven’t just faked their own death.
-Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow

I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen him do all that other stuff I don’t believe.
-Felicity Smoak, Overwatch

Heaven may be a fantasy for the credulous and the afraid, but I can give you a map reference for hell.
-Mycroft Holmes

Sorry, boys, I’m so changeable. It’s a weakness, but, to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness.

It’s not the fall that kills you, Sherlock. It’s never the fall. It’s the landing.

-James “Jim” Moriarty

Your usefulness has ended. Serve me in death, little god.
-Nicol Bolas

The reason I like taxes is because without them, the only certainty would be death.
-John Green

By any chance, did you have a fridge full of severed human toes? No? Then let’s just forget this.
-Rocket Racoon

Ignorance is usually fatal, but sometimes it can be bliss.

...He realized that there were things in his truck capable of blowing a hole in the time stream if they ever bumped together so he had decided long ago not to think about it, as the alternative was to clean out his van.

-Eoin Colfer

Oh, big, big mistake, really huge. Didn’t anyone ever tell you there’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans of seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap. Me.
-11th Doctor

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We’re just used to being the cat.
-Henry Wu

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
-Harold Coffin

They laugh at me because I’m different. I laugh at them because they’re all the same.
-Kurt Cobain

Humans are smarter than we give ourselves credit for. Except the ones that aren’t.
-Feltrix

Death is only the end if you assume the story was about you.

There is a thin, semantic line between weird and beautiful and that line is covered in jellyfish.

If you ever look up at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere a creature is looking up at it’s sky doubting you.

What has four legs in the morning, two legs at the noon, and three legs in the evening? I don’t know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

-Cecil Palmer

Urgh, she’s good. She’s like my nemesis. I’ve never had a nemesis before. I kinda like it.
-Felicity Smoak, Overwatch

Bird watching goes both ways. Except right now. Why? Because you don't see the birds right now, do you? But they see you. They saw you glance out of the corner of your eye, and then pretend you didn't. They saw, dear listener. They saw.
-Feltrix

You’re right, Lucy. Maybe I’m being overly cautious. I mean, it’s not as if our tip came from an evil talking skull that probably wishes us all dead, is it?
-Quill Kipps

You doubt my word solely because I’m a skull, lurking in a jar of slime-green plasm. Admit it!

Let’s see . . . I’ve only been gone five minutes, and you’ve managed to trigger two ghosts and get sandwiched between them on the edge of an abyss. By any standard, that’s poor. I suppose you’ll be wanting a clever solution to your problem.

-The Whispering Skull

I prefer my misery to come at me in stages, so I can acclimatize on the way.
-George Cubbins

The truth can be devastating. We spend much of our lives protecting ourselves from it and shielding others as well. We use lies to take the edge off life. We dream of a better tomorrow. We hide from our regrets and inadequacies. We try to hide from the inescapable reality that sooner or later we and everyone we love is going to die.
-Ferrin the Displacer

Anyone who plays at being a god will ultimately die like one.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
-Isaac Asimov

When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is and you can’t survive forever.
-Cecil Palmer

When you have to tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise, they’ll kill you.
-Oscar Wilde

I’d be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!
-Feltrix

Believe in yourself. You are an ancient, absent god, discussed only rarely by literary scholars, so if you don't believe in yourself, no one will.

Believe in yourself. Build a religion around yourself. Canonize your quotidian tasks. Build idols of yourself in your best outfits.

Believe in yourself. Go to a church that worships you. Attend study groups that analyze your words. Argue with others about your existence.

-Night Vale

Guaranteed to leave your enemies sufficiently stabbed, bitten, cleaved, or exploded.
-Grezkrick’s Emporium motto

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD IN THIS TAVERN.
It is I.
-Sheytato

Go ahead, make your point even if it is invalid.

I’m going for a walk. A very, very enthusiastic walk. People will die.
-KiraThePotatoChip

That which does not kill you turns to formaldehyde and makes you immortal.

Why don’t you start by telling me what name needs to go on your gravestone?
-Captain Artemus Gale (Rydia)

Oh, don't be normal. Never do that. Normal is average, average is boring, and boring must be prevented at all costs. Be weird, odd, absurd, fantastic, warped, wonderful, whatever you must. But never EVER be normal.
-Feltrix
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

206 Reviews

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:49 am
DeerInBacPac says...

*Freaks out fangirling while reading over your quotes @Feltrix* SO using the Captain Jack, Peregrine, Feltrix, and like, all of them in my coming chapters! You basically saved me from quote depravation.

61 Reviews

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:19 am
Feltrix says...

You're welcome! Good luck on your novel!
Last edited by Feltrix on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

206 Reviews

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm
jimss23 says...

"Are you like...a crazy person?"

"I am quite sure they will say so"

-V for Vendetta
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:10 pm
View Likes
wordwing says...

May it be a quote from my school? Like, real people?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:11 am
View Likes
EKK15 says...

"People either inspire you, or they drain you. Choose them wisely."

"Time is all we have and don't."

"In French you don't say 'I miss you', you say 'tu me manques', which means 'you are missing from me.'"

206 Reviews

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:20 pm
DeerInBacPac says...

@wordwing yes it does not matter but PLEASE QUOTE THE PERSON WHO SAID

Reviews: 2
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:33 am
View Likes
NoOvens says...

"People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." -Rob Siltanen

"A ship in harbor is safe but that's not what ships are built for." -John Shedd

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." -Mark Twain

"Spoiler, we all die in the end." -Atticus

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." -Albert Einstein

"Nobody ever tells you that emptiness weighs the most." -HealthyPlace.com

"There is nothing permanent except change." -Heraclitus

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." -Edith Wharton

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen

Hope you find some of these useful. I'll have to find your story and read it some time. Good luck!

206 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 am
DeerInBacPac says...

Thank you @NoOvens! ALSO AlBeRt EiNStIeN

61 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:01 pm
Feltrix says...

Spoiler! :
Well you all know that I'm a pacifist so I'm not interested in war in any way. But y'know what? When the revolution comes, I will have to destroy you all. Not you, Joey.
-Phoebe Buffay

We have you surrounded.
-Literally Everything Ever

The world’s not so crazy, Kolenkhov. It’s the people in it.
-Martin Vanderhof, “Grandpa”

Mostly we don’t get destroyed. Mostly we destroy ourselves.
-John Peters (You Know, The Farmer?)

I ran into some old friends. It’s more like they ran into me, actually. Repeatedly. With their fists and feet.
-3 AKA Marcus Boone

The secret ingredient is basil. And love. But mostly basil.
-Android

In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is king. And, honey, you should see me in a crown.
-James “Jim” Moriarty

Cognate-RAWR? Is that the technical term?
-Sophie Foster, the Moonlark

How dare you do exactly what I would do if I were you?
-Captain Jack Sparrow

Had I thought your remarks worthy of any kind of riposte, Representative Pickney, be assured you would have heard from me an hour ago.
-John Quincy Adams

You know the saying. If a jet crashes into the woods and there’s no one around to hear it, stay close to the guy with super strength.
-Agent Phil Coulson

What is a Quab?
-Sparkawan

Ok, I will do it. But I have to warn you; this may make me a better person and that is not the man you fell in love with!
-Chandler Bing

I have assimilated with society, and so must indulge in colloquialisms.
-Feltrix

I’m always saying ‘we should to go to the Moon,’ but you’re like ‘no, first have to single handedly conquer Russia.’
-Feltrix

Mr. Lord, you’re neglecting my education. Please give me the answer keys.
-Anonymous

The world is run by a bunch of nerds. It’s glorious.
-Mat Pat

And while A is probably the factually correct choice, B is the more fun choice.
-Mat Pat

But seriously, when life hands you lemons, you shoot a crossbow bolt through the heart of the woman standing between you and the throne.
-MatPat

On the plus side, if these menacing creatures didn’t exist, we’d have no idea what pure evil sounds like.
-Unknown

Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

Reviews: 2
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:49 pm
NoOvens says...

@Flumadiddle
Yep he's a smart dude.
Or
Was
At least.

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time