z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern [2]

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:54 pm
Shadeflame says...

Weeeeeeeeell. It's complicated. I do not, in fact, work here, but me, @HarryHardy, and @Necromancer14 had an argument over who got the money.

I swear I do not know what I was thinking.

Anyways, I'm just passing through. I stopped here to lie low for a bit. Running from the law, you know how it is.
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:04 pm
Necromancer14 says...

@Andrewknorpp DID YOU JUST ROB ME OF MY BEVERAGES THAT I STOLE FROM THIS TAVERN BEFORE I DECIDED TO OWN IT???
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

41 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:07 pm
Shadeflame says...

Ha serves you right.
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:20 pm
MaybeAndrew says...

*Takes a long drink of Gatorade, holding solid eye contact with @Necromancer14 the entire time*
Sorry, I'll pay, I was just very thirsty.
So, @Shadeflame if no one really owns the tavern, I think maybe we could do some interesting things with it.
I would be willing to invest a bit for a remodel and maybe some more variety in the drinks, then we could hire some real employees. This place would become the talk of the town. A business if you will.
But of course, I don't want to intrude on our friendly neighborhood criminal hideout with my ideas of remodeling.
Last edited by MaybeAndrew on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

114 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 pm
Necromancer14 says...

OF COURSE SOMEONE OWNS THE TAVERN. I DO. >:(
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

41 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:24 pm
Shadeflame says...

Lies. @Nate owns the tavern, and @Necromancer14 is trying to usurp him.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:26 pm
MaybeAndrew says...

I mean, you don't own it legally, do you? If you do, I would like to see some proof of ownership.
@Necromancer14, and if you can provide that, my offer still stands. I think we could make you a very rich man. All you need to do is make this a public company, don't worry, you can still keep the majority of the stock. But with the money you would get from selling 49% of the company we could breathe new life into this establishment.
I would be willing to help and buy that 49% if you're on board

178 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:35 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

And if you don't own it legally and @Shadeflame here is telling the truth, then we have two options,
1. Buy this legally from @Nate,
2. Or since this seems mostly abandoned, we can follow the finders keeper rules. Remodel, rebrand, and if the owner comes back we can use our immense riches to hire great lawyers and keep the Tavern, and if we lose it, I can imagine the owner would be glad someone was doing upkeep while they were gone.
Ask for forgiveness, not permission sorta style.

41 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 pm
Shadeflame says...

@Nate did come back a few weeks ago because we kept spamming him. He didn't say anything but he liked our posts.

114 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 pm
Necromancer14 says...

He liked mine the most, though. I was the only person making any logical sense.

41 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:46 pm
Shadeflame says...

No, you were the craziest of them all. He felt sorry for you.

114 Reviews

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:48 pm
Necromancer14 says...

I'm just following my model, Bucky. (From the comic "Get Fuzzy," not the marvel character.)

178 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:03 am
MaybeAndrew says...

You two seem to be sorting things out, so I'll just cut to the chase. I'm not just your average visited, I'm a venture capitalist, and I'm here to invest in and possibly buy this tavern. If I can't do that fully legally I have other means. Since you seem to be the only people managing this place, what are your terms, and what would you like to change about this tavern? You're experienced here, what could be changed for the better? Do we need a balcony, more food options? more employs? a joke of the day policy?

41 Reviews

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:15 am
Shadeflame says...

Uhhhhh, how about some cleaning services. This place is a dump and I say that in the nicest way possible.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:40 am
MaybeAndrew says...

Okay, we'll hire a janitor and *looks around* and buy like any piece of cleaning equipment. Man has no one ever even mopped in here?

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats