Young Writers Society

PotLuck

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:01 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

check to see if the monitor is still smoking
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:04 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Ask about her experiences in this maze.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:43 am
View Likes
Winged067 says...

Open both up and see what's inside. Maybe some food is in there...?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

check to see if the monitor is still smoking

Oh good point, you might as well do something rather then just chat on your new phone with the lady who has no faith in you.

Tell her that you'll still ace it - after all, you'll be up against some pretty difficult stuff but reap some great rewards!

CM: Hey! No reason to be mean, I'm sure with all the awesome loot I'll get. I'll ace this death maze.

MM: Huh? Dude you're playing the tutorial on easy mode, and still almost dying. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's not a good sign.

CM: Awww...

MM: Don't worry about it too much, every floor has some sort of food and drink sorce, so you won't starve at least if you give up.

CM: The confidence you have for me is overwhelming.

MM: I try.

Ask her if she has any tips for you. And what her score/difficulty level was when she went through.

Ask about her experiences in this maze.

CM: Then...can you at least give me some advice so I don't die as quickly? Maybe tell me what 'scores' I should be going for in these rooms?

MM: Well...I am sick of only having 3 people in the alive club. The other two are jerks, and you sound almost like a okay dude.

CM: Thanks?

MM: You're welcome!

CM: Oh wait, I almost forgot what I was about to do, can you explain all of this while I try to see whats behind something I accedently wrecked?

MM:...fine.

MM: Okay, the gates all have a value, you can usually guess it by what it's made out of stone is in the 20 range, iron in the 40, sci-fi looking gates are 50 and anything magical looking is probably in the 100 point range.

MM: Personally, I just dumped in junk because the tutorial is not supposed to be deadly, so I could get the best starting loot possible. I intentionally got a score of -24. So the starting zone was pretty hard, but also, I ended up with this awesome little robot to carry around my stuff and a laser gun.

MM: Since you didn't do that, I would suggest you try to stick to negative scores for a while, I'm not saying -24, but maybe...

MM: -5, if you can survive, because the extra loot you'll get will be really important later on. Beyond that I suggest that before you do anything else you scope out whatever room you go into, look out for things that might be deadly, figure out its goal, and only then wander around.

MM: All the people in the dead club seem to keep forgetting that.

Looks like there was nothing there but burn marks and that button, though it seems to have melted. You're pretty sure it was the on/off button for the computer, so that's okay.

Following Milligan's advice you decide to scope out the room, or at least what you have not destoryed of the room. Looking around you see a small orange thing that is humming like a generator, it has several sockets not in use, and it looks like you could unplug it from the computer if you want. At the center of the room is a unmarked platform with a plug sticking out of it, while you probably broke the elevator, this looks okay.

Though you can't guess what it's for.

On the back wall is a box with a glass window, inside is a small hammer on a grabber arm, though it seems to be powered down.

Then there are those buttons on the side of one wall, which seem to be short cuts for the buttons around the room and down the elevator. While you can't imagine it would be useful here. Since this is the tutorial area, maybe its a hint at there being a convenient array of buttons in other puzzles later on, so you don't have to run around everywhere once you turn on things.

While you can't guess what the thing in the middle of the room is, you think you're supposed to get that hammer to break the breakable stone wall outside. Maybe that will get you to the next 'gate'.

CM: Thanks for the advice.

MM: No problem, try not to die!

CM: You have so much faith in me.

MM: All of it.

Spoiler! :
Pinging people who might want to be pinged: @Lightsong @TheBlueCat @saentiel @Mea @PrincessInk @EternalRain

If you want to be added to the ping list, or taken off of it, send me a PM.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:47 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Break the glass and examine the grabber arm to see if there might be a way to find out how to power it on. Also grab the hammer.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

See if you can plug the orange generator into the thing in the center of the room, or into the grabber arm.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

456 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Figure out how to power up the grabber arm - plug it in to something
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

110 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:47 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Break the glass and examine the grabber arm to see if there might be a way to find out how to power it on.

Well you have broken pretty much every other machine in this place, maybe that's how you supposed to do it.

Nope.

New plan.
See if you can plug the orange generator into the thing in the center of the room, or into the grabber arm.

Figure out how to power up the grabber arm - plug it in to something

Lets see if what happans if you plug the tiny generator into the center thing.

Success! Sort of. You plug it in and get an egg thing. You're not sure what it is, but in order to move the plot along you pocket it, and then plug the generator into the grabber machine.

Success again! This whole thinking things through tactic is working out wonderfully. You promptly loot it, just barely having enough room in your backpack.

You have space in your amazing beanie, but you save that for light things, like pie.

With nothing else to do you go outside, where the breakable section of the wall basicly explodes into dust the moment you put your new hammer near it.

With no other choices left you head inside to find...

The next gate, sweat. What do you throw in this time?

456 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:51 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Throw in the purple bottle.

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1085 Reviews

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:56 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Throw in the Hello Kitty plate (might as well get sweet loot! forget safety :P)

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:45 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Throw in the calculator. Maybe it will calculate us a higher score :P
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

110 Reviews

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:31 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

hrow in the calculator. Maybe it will calculate us a higher score :P

Throw in the Hello Kitty plate (might as well get sweet loot! forget safety :P)

Hm, given you are going to get sweet loot eventually according to the girl who does not trust you, it might better to aim low with some of the stuff you probably won't use any time soon.

Throw in the purple bottle.

Or maybe you could throw in something that is probably worth a little more so that you can survive, don't want to get yourself killed after all....

Good bye cheap wine, and drunk kitty™, may there be AA meetings in that magic hole.

Partly drunk wine - 5
Drunk kitty™ kids plate -7
=12

Gate= 29

=-17

Well...dang.

The gate growls at you before you suddently black out, after what felt like minutes you suddently wake up in a very worrying room.

Mostly because of the skull and broken bones next to what looks like some sort of machine, electricity jumping off of it every few seconds. You look around the room and notice that nothing seems locked, so thats a improvement over the tutorial room, but at the same time, you feel like that death box shooting out lightining next to the skull is some sort of switch to open the metal doors. You might want to find some way to protect yourself or turn it off before you get too close to that. As a consaquence of that you can't open the shelf next to that death box.

1085 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:57 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Look inside the pink pot. Also, see if you can look in the cabinet on the left without getting too close to the death box.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:58 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Tap the red square on the wall with your hammer.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

456 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:30 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Look under the couch cushions and under the couch.

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare