z

Young Writers Society

The Great YWS Gathering

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:54 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

ShadowTwit wrote:Hands up everyone who lives in the UK! (And say whereabouts there you are, as well).

*raises hand*

Yep, I'm one of them! Although I don't even live in England. Up here in Wales. It appears even the Brits live too far apart from each other (and I have a feeling most of us are fairly young, as well) to organise this properly, and to get the most of it that we can.

I still like the big "YWS Reunion" idea - although (as the site will probably have become HUGE in twenty years time) it would probably have to be a "YWS Reunion of members of the 2000s" or something silly. And, of course, we'd have to wait a long, long time.

But, in a few years, I'll be allowed to go wherever I want, as long as I pay for it myself - which could prove to be a problem...
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:02 am
Evangelina says...

If you wait 2 and a half years, Ill be living in the UK...
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:07 am
Alice says...

After collage I plan to live in the UK and be a professor at a university (as i believe they're called over there) in literature, or at least thats my hope.
I just lost the game.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:20 am
Evangelina says...

hehe. maybe you'll be my professor.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:22 am
Firestarter says...

I live in the UK, but as a rule, I would only meet people over 18. Not because I hate people under 18, but because I think at 18 you're truly sensible/responsible/individual enough to make a decision and good judgement about it, and be able to travel a distance and meet someone you don't really know.

Anyway, I'm the one that really bit the bullet and travelled five thousand miles to meet people I didn't know. But don't think that just because it worked this time it will work every time, like Sam said, only do it with adults around, talk beforehand ON THE PHONE, be very very careful, only do it with people you know well (I'd talked to the people I'd met before online for a couple of years) and don't do it if you feel a little uneasy about anything.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:27 am
Alice says...

Well thats kinda the point of the YWS gathering, its a safe way to meet people. There'll be a lot of us there (hopefully) and of course parents are allowed/slightly encouraged. Only slightly because we don't want everybody compleatly terrified to talk to anybody, and with a lot of parents around might discourage that a tad.
I just lost the game.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:35 am
JabberHut says...

That's the thing. All parents are different, we don't know what they'll say and, hopefully, they know how dangerous internet can really be. They will be very precautious and it'll take either persistance or a REALLY good liar. XD

It is a very awesome idea, though. I would love to meet some of you guys. ^^ Unfortunately, some of that some of you are in Australia or England or some where else. :( It may just be a dream that may only go so far.

So...St. Louis Bread Co. anyone? XD
I make my own policies.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:21 am
Poltergiest says...

*Raises hand* I wanna Muffie! I love those things! Go St. Louis! Anyway... I accually wanna move to Japan after collage but I'm only a freshman in highschool right now. I love the whole Japaneese culture.

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:21 am
Sohini says...

Hey, what about me? I live in India!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:21 pm
JabberHut says...

India? That's awesome! Hi, I'm Jabber. *holds out hand* I didn't leave you out. ^^ But, it is another example how it would be difficult to get EVERYONE together in one place. XP
I make my own policies.

164 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:15 pm
Poltergiest says...

Eaxcatly. We should all meet up at St. louis Bread Co.!!!!!!! That would be cool. 8)

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:00 pm
Layleun says...

Wow this would be so awesome. I agree with a lot of things said here so I'm not going to repeat them for the fortieth time. I'm all the way over on the East Coast and a 14 hour long plane ride to Cali would be very difficult.

If this is EVER going to happen I think we need to find a place for the people in the U.S, U.K., and Australia to meet in their own continents (unless someone wanted to cross the seas for their friends =P)

And about what Jacko said about the over 18 thing, I think we should all have one meeting place and if the older people want to break off into a different group, go ahead. I just don't think you should leave all of us under 18 out.

~[~Lupe~]~

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:14 pm
Firestarter says...

I wasn't saying I would "leave you out".

I was simply saying that it is much MUCH safer to meet people when you are 18.

Besides, I've already crossed the seas to find my friends.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

164 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:45 pm
Poltergiest says...

That would be so inspiring. (For some wierd movie) If we ALL met in ONE place, no matter where we were in the whole world. That would show some serious commitment.

~Pol~

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:55 pm
PsychicNinja says...

Well, this would all be awesome, and giong to CA would be awesome cuz i have relatives living there!

Hey, does all adults thinking that you're eighteen count? Seriously all adults think I'm 18 or something...weird. My mom keeps saying...after you're a senior (in hs) you can just leave if you wnat to. Yes! That would be...in like three years...I hate only being in 10th grade...

anyways, a YWS get together would be awesome!!!

~Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held