z

Young Writers Society

*Waterboy impression* Veggietales is da devil!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:48 pm
Areida says...

No, just kidding.

Okay, so the question is this: Are Veggietales misleading for children?

My thesis statement is: When accompanied by additional instruction and clarification as it is needed, Veggietales are not misleading for children.

So my real problem is that I've got all these reasons why Veggietales are a great alternative for young kids as opposed to the garbage that's on TV these days because they remove/replace violent and/or sexual content with something more age appropriate. Unfortunately, that doesn't answer the question.

So I have to have three main points, right? All I've come up with so far is that Veggietales was never intended to replace reading the Bible or going to church/Sunday School.

Anyone else here a Veggietales fan? *puppy eyes*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:24 am
Sam says...

Meh...I love the hairbrush song...but I'd take violence and sex any day. :P (Hehe, just kidding)
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:52 am
sabradan says...

Sam wrote:Meh...I love the hairbrush song...but I'd take violence and sex any day. :P (Hehe, just kidding)

Me too! And I'm not kidding. See, I'd rather have my kids be aware of things about the world from an early age, so that when they ARE faced with it, they can make proper decisions. I figure its better that way instead of having their conflict climax be what to buy big bird for his birthday
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson