z

Young Writers Society

Triumph of Twin Freaks

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:55 pm
Rei says...

Recently, my brother and his girlfriend went to their prom. Throughout school, my brother and I have always been on the outskirts of the school social circle. We've both been bullied, and never have fit in with the majorities of the student population for every school we've been to.

Brad, who is very much a Goth in style, though isn't quite an actual goth, actually frightened the younger students at the school where we spent most of our high school years because of the way he dressed and carried himself. Then there's the part where he seemed to be in a perpetual state of grumpiness.

Me, I'm the quiet one. People go into shock when they hear what goes on inside my head. Many in my science classes looked at me as an answer machine because I understood the basics of chemestry and cellular biology, and actually enjoyed the work. I was the weak little child, an object of ridicule, or just plain weird.

My triumph came when I went to prom and amazed everyone by doing exactly what they did. I got pretty and danced. My brother. In a school populated by hiphoppers and those who think of rap like classical music, he and his girlfriend got voted prom king and queen.

Freaks rule.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:40 am
Zion says...

Freaks dominate with the world. Who are the greatest scientists, artists and politicians and doctors? (and killers and psychos :P j/k j/k) freaks. I tend to be in the middle "snobish" on hte outside freakish on the inside.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:56 am
Shadow Knight says...

Stop coming up with excuses Arvy :P
And yeah, freaks do rule, I would know, I'm one through and through, just ask the people at my school ;)
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:33 pm
Elelel says...

WOHOOOO!!!! FREAKS RULES!!! *dances in circle* Yay yay yay yay yay yay!!!! Go Freaks!!!
I'm a freak, I'm a complete dag, my school shirt is too big, if I wake up and can't get my hair in order with a simple brush I just think "What the hell," and go to school with my hair all spaz. I'm quiet ... well, Ok, I'm THE most annoying chatter-box in pit band ... which has been frequently remarked upon *grins evily* but OTHERWISE ... I get straight A's and what else? Oh yes, the only time I'm not too shy to say anything (pit band, concert band etc) I make a complete idiot of myself by saying whatever comes into my head ... quite often people laugh, but I really am being a complete idiot. I have few friends, never had a guy ask me out or say I'm pretty ... but yeah!!! Go Freaks!!! It's fun when you surprise people and come out and be normal ... or not normal ... but still fun!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:56 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Yeah I know how you feel because i am a total history geek and have been called talking history book by my friends, because I know so much about history. Plus on top of that I am a hippie and dress a lot different from all of the other kids. But I personally do not care about what others say about me, because I know there will always be kids that think I am so weird and starnge and they can think what they think about me because i am not going to change for anybody.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

685 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:46 pm
Rei says...

Usually, neither do I. But the whole story with the prom, it was so incredible because Brad and I got to prove that we're not the stereotypes we appear to be. You can think what you want about me as long as you think of me as a person, rather than a category, or a weak, little baby who needs constant care. I mean, if I was half as weak as people seemed to think I am, I would have commited suicide when I was twleve.

Eloere, I hear you. When I started high school, we could only afford to buy the cheepest uniform shirts to start with, (They have about six different styles) and they didn't come in smalls. The bloody thing looked like a dress. Only it wasn't long enough to wear like a dress because of dress codes.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:40 am
Elelel says...

We can afford the uniforms ... and Happy Lizard's the one who gets the hand-me-downs *evil grin* but they just never come in the right size! This term, I could pick between too big, or too small. I picked big, because at least this way it'll fit some day and it matched my jumper, which is also big.
But yeah, it's heaps of fun to show people you don't belong in the steryotypes ... like on the school camp some girls I had to stick to due to lack of best friends in the same class were making a sparker bomb (it doesn't blow up, it just pours out lovely sparkler stuff, in case you're wondering) out of a tennis ball and they ask me if I want to help, and I go "Oh, yeah, sparkler bombs! I'll help!" So they go "Have you made these before?" in utter disbelief because I'm a "good girl" so I go "Yes, this Christmas with my cousins, we made heaps."
Then everyone started chanting "Pyromaniac!!!" when I continued to tell them about my candle fascination.
:lol:
They were so shocked it was funny.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:44 am
Shadow Knight says...

Heh yeah, people think i'm innocent :P
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:29 pm
Bobo says...

Haha. I remember on my first date, everyone back in California was shocked. Of course, it never would have happened if date dances wasn't such a cultural thing here and everyone's Mormon. Not to mention I was set up by some friends lol. I'm one of those people who can sort of fit in anywhere, but I'm just the innocent bystander rather than the center of attention. Although one guy did say I should be the MVP of the dance at our senior dinner dance. That made me feel good. It's like my song that I made up a while ago says: "I don't fit in, I can't stay out." I'm like the main character of one of those high school TV shows. I'm not really popular, not a nerd, or a goth, or any other stereotypical group, but I interact with whomever I please.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:04 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Meh I just don't fit in anywhere. No matter who I'm with you can tell I don't belong. I remember my prom last year, well 353 days ago. I still didn't fit in but it was the one night where social status was abondoned which was nice, it's surprisingly back on though even though we hardly see each other. If people from my year walk past each other and we were in diff social groups its like war all over again...well with the chavs it is anyway.

685 Reviews

Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:40 pm
Rei says...

Yeah, that was the nice thing about the prom. It's the one night where everyone is there for the same reason, and we all have at least one thing in common: that we're about to graduate high school.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:18 am
Snoink says...

It sounds awesome. Glad you enjoyed yourself. ^____^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:43 pm
StormLord says...

Yea. My prom is next year, soooooo... You'll get the picture. And if you don't, I'll send them to you
Building a better boneyard

685 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:28 pm
Rei says...

Umm . . . Sher.

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter