z

Young Writers Society

£1 = $2

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:07 am
Teague says...

Why couldn't the conversion have been that easy when I went to Scotland last summer? =/
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:11 am
Dream Deep says...

http://www.dollars2pounds.com/

Ah, but you're wrong, Jack. By forty-one ten-thousandths of a cent.

£1 = $2.0041...

;)

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:17 am
Royboy says...

*sobs at her country's stupidity*

WHY must we be dying? It'll be very soon when the US implodes. Please tell me I'm the only one worried that dollars are worth about half as much as euros. I'm going to start biting my nails I'm so nervous.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:53 pm
View Likes
gyrfalcon says...

Royboy:

1) We aren't talking about euros at all, we're talking about pounds sterling, British currency. As far as I am concerned, the British are far too stubborn to ever convert to the euro (yay for them!).

2) The conversion rates are as they are right now, not because the dollar is in decline, but because British inflation is up. THIS DOES NOT MEAN AMERICAN CURRENCY IS BECOMING USELESS! The exchange rates flutter all the time, and if you're going to base your heart attacks on those, you'll never get out of the hospital.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:59 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

gyrfalcon wrote:I'm studying abroad to England next year, and I saw an example that a CD in the States costs about $15, while a CD in the UK costs about 15 pounds, which equals about $30!

Actually, CDs over here rarely cost anything over £9.99, unless they're a double-disc compilation or something. Generally, they cost about £8.99.

And yes, we are incredibly stubborn. We enjoy our identity, Europe, thank-you-very-much. XD
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:14 pm
Firestarter says...

*cough* The number of times people refer to Pounds as Euros gets on my nerves XD

And yes, stubbornness was invented by the British.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:32 pm
miyaviloves says...

I'm glad that we dont haev the euro here. I like the good old pounds, but the new twenty pound notes are snazzy...but look like toy money :(
Bag.

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:49 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Jack wrote:And yes, stubbornness was invented by the British.

Of course it was.

:wink:

I got so mad at the exchange rate when I was in England last summer. Conversions killed me.

But, otherwise I think it is quite funny that the pound is so strong.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:10 pm
Firestarter says...

Oldest currency in the world still in use. The Pound is awesome.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:33 pm
Nate says...

Firestarter wrote:Oldest currency in the world still in use. The Pound is awesome.

I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:50 pm
The Jesseble says...

Go £!

*waves flag with a Pound on it*

That makes all these big sums easier to figure out now. £1,000,000 is now $2,000,000 which is just much easier on my smushy brain (smushy isn't even a word heh).
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:24 pm
Firestarter says...

Nate wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Oldest currency in the world still in use. The Pound is awesome.

I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

Aye, it was created in 1561 by Elizabeth 1st and has existed ever since. Thought other forms of coins have come and gone (shillings, etc.) the pound has remained constant. We do stand by our traditions. One of the reasons nobody wants the Euro; we stick by our pointless national traditions sutbbornly.

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Tue May 01, 2007 1:55 am
Teeeeo. says...

gyrfalcon wrote:I'm studying abroad to England next year, and I saw an example that a CD in the States costs about $15, while a CD in the UK costs about 15 pounds, which equals about $30!

You sure it wasn't an imported CD for them or summat? :?

Anywho, this whole £1 = $2 is gonna make all my converting easier XD[/quote]

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue May 01, 2007 2:17 am
View Likes
Via says...

This conversation makes me feel very poor suddenly =( well, that and my bank account...lol
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

That smells like the inside of a tropical rainforest.
— Yoshikrab's friend