Young Writers Society

Worst movie you have ever seen

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:57 pm
View Likes
Deifyance says...

Okay, not even funny!
Some of you are listing movies that the film industry adores! Twister is a timeless classic! Most disaster movies model themselves around that movie! V for Vendetta has caused a total social phenomenon! It provided a character people so desperately needed, that the face mask can be seen in almost every protest for anything ever.

I digress.
Having been to a top film school in the United States, we had to watch plenty of terrible movies.

The Room.
You need to watch this. It's literally an example of how not to make a movie. It was shot half digital and half film. Character actors are switched halfway because the originals quit. It's pretty impressive.

Transformers.
The story and it's structure are an atrocity. If you say you liked this movie, you will be shunned where I come from.

Birdemic.
One of the greatest shows of *facepalm* that the industry has ever produced. Much like The Room; it has a cult following that worship it as the most amazing thing ever.

Twilight.
Really just a not good movie. Character development was spotty, the actual movie is tinted green for some reason. Bad acting.

And the WORST MOVIE EVER IN MY OPINION.
Eragon.
Eragon and the inheritance series molded me as a boy. I wrote fan fiction and found myself completely lost in this world.
When I saw this movie...
Oh God.
I immediately adopted the fetal position and nursed the gaping wound my heart had suffered. I have told all of my colleagues that if there was one movie I could remake, it would by the atrocity that is Eragon.
Check out my current Series: Changing Legacy

Chapter 1
Changing Legacy: Chapter 1 - Disheartening

Chapter 2
Changing Legacy: Chapter 2 - Ambushed

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:44 am
Zolen says...

90% of all books turned movie, are just insulting they either end up downplaying/removing events important to the book plot for no reason or ditching important characters. I understand you can't get everything, but what is the point of making a movie based on a book, where you HAVE to crunch things, if you are not talented enough to make that time limit work?

Any movie that tries to make romance the main plot point, it's just not a very good plot point that can stand on its own, which is why most have them have been labeled "Chick flicks" and nobody really watches them other then to laugh at something that is so bad its funny or if they are the kind of people who enjoyed movies like The Last Airbender (the movie otherwise known as "exponation" given how much time is spent explaining).

Far too many bad movies to bother listing, however I would like to give a shout out to Space jam for most successful bad movie, I don't recall any acting in that movie.

Edit: V for Vendetta, Twister.....

Twister okay, quality wise its kind of bad now, but because of that movie so many amazing things came out. It's not horrible like you are listing it as however.

V for Vendetta was a master work, how could anyone hate it? It's not sexist to recognize a reaction that is very real and actually happens, plenty of horrible things happen to everyone in this movie, the women are not a special case.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:34 am
Pencil2paper says...

As far as V for Vendetta goes, the movie was very well done and would have probably been one of my favorite movies of all time if V hadn't tortured her or if he didn't die as the 'hero' of the movie after all of that. I think the movie itself was executed very well and the character development and plot were both fantastic. I just disagree with the message it's giving.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:58 am
yubbies21 says...

The Day the Earth Stood Still
beep

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 am
View Likes
AdventurerDaniel says...

It's difficult to decide upon a worst movie I've ever seen as there are quite a few bad ones I've sat through. The thing is film as well as television are such different and unique mediums from books and literature that it's difficult to translate one to the other. I believe my least favorite movie might be the new Lorax film. The problem is most of us are readers as well as movie goers and many of us have even seen some of the original cartoon shorts of the new Doctor Seuss movies.

These movies are the perfect example of the problem we have with adaptations they never live up to our wants or even our expectations. I've seen Eragon twice on this list and I'll admit that's my go to movie for an example of a bad movie based upon a good book. The thing is though with any book to movie adaptation ignorance can actually be bliss. One of my favorite all time movies is Stardust based upon the book by Neil Gaiman. I still haven't read the book and I intend to continue to do, why? Because I don't want to ruin my enjoyment for the movie by comparing it to the book.

Now there are a few exceptions to this rule and the best being the Princess Bride.
If you didn't know it was an amazing book before the cult classic movie it is you're missing out, heck if you haven't seen the movie your missing out. Why the Princess Bride works and movies like Eragon or even Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief don't is obvious, there's not much fat to trim. Each character you meet is significant and each little plot detail appears later in the series. Also Harry Potter works because it hits the highlights and doesn't lose much still.

Anyway long story short we'll never truly be content because even if it's given a better medium with more time to explore the world, Game of Thrones has just as many detractors as fans, or it hit's all the right marks, let's be honest the Harry Potter and the Sorcerers was a bit long. It's hard to call them the worst but, expanding on classic children's books and attempting to modernize thus by dating them more so definitely makes movies like Horton Hears a Who, The Cat in the Hat, and The Lorax some of the worst movies I've ever seen.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:12 pm
Dreamy says...

Ummmmm, haven't seen yet!
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:34 am
Stori says...

Defiyance, you should hire Gerald Doyle, the narrator of the Inheritance series. Or was it Gerard?

Anyway, the worst movies I've seen are the new Narnia series. They made no pretense of following the books at all; I recommend you watch the BBC series instead. Or listen to Focus on the Family's radio version.

Reviews: 4
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 am
View Likes
TheKomodoDragon says...

Kevin Smith's fittingly-titled "trashterpiece" Cop Out, a 2 hour snooze-fest starring a bored Bruce Willis and an ill-cast Tracy Morgan. What could of been a good buddy cop film was instead a tired mess of a comedy where the writers forgot to add punchlines, went nowhere interesting with its plot, and had heroes so unlikable that when they kill the villain at the end I felt like he had been mowed down in cold blood. The "highlight" is when Bruce Willis' character compares his wife's new husband, whose only real sins were being a little caddy and, oh I don't know, offering to pay for Bruce Willis' daughter's wedding after Bruce Willis was laid off for his awful police work, to a bloody rapist. An awful waste of a movie.
Life is short. Creativity is forever.

863 Reviews

Reviews: 863
Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:33 am
Morrigan says...

Worst movies I've ever seen? That would have to be a tie between The Last Airbender and Eragon.

Not that I'm acknowledging that The Last Airbender actually happened. Or Eragon, really, for that matter.

@Pencil2paper
V for Vendetta spoilers ahead!
Spoiler! :
I'm really interested that you found V for Vendetta degrading to women. I don't think it was, really. Yes, she was tortured, and yes, she fell in love, but I think you might have missed a crucial point in the movie. V was an idea, not a person. I agree that what he did to her was awful, but perhaps it is the idea of it, the protest of the systematic oppression of the government that was present at the time, that did it to her, not the man V himself. Also, I would argue that if Evey was a male role, that the result would have been the same. That he would have fallen in love with the idea of anarchy and freedom, regardless of what torture it might put him through in his pursuit of it. Remember that Evey trusted V before this happened, so perhaps the love of the idea began even before the torture.
If you look more deeply into the film, with V as an idea rather than a man, how he wanted people to view him, everything makes much more sense. It's not sending a message that women are silly and like to be with people that have hurt them in the past, it's sending the message that anyone can find the strength to fight for freedom. V is a very complex character, and I find that it made the movie feel more real to me.
If you've got a bone to pick with the plot, you might want to blame it on Alan Moore, the author of the comic book on which the movie was based rather than the beautiful movie itself.
I encourage you to look more deeply into the symbolism of the movie, and if you still feel upset about it, go ahead. But I love that movie, and I hope you can, too.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:40 am
ThereseCricket says...

Oh wow... this forum is old. xD

I think the worst movie I have ever seen would probably be Dragon Wars. Not only was the plot the stupidest in the world, it had some of the worst actors in the making in it. Couldn't bear it, really. It was just... ugh.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:24 am
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

phpBB [media]
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:05 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

The Last Airbender.. -__- It was horrible.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:58 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Definately The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug! It was trash!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:51 pm
Spotswood says...

Zhia wrote:The Last Airbender.. -__- It was horrible.

What Last Airbender movie? I have no idea what you're talking about.

The "Trojan Women," definitely. It was awful. Also, maybe "Meet the Spartans," but it was hilarious.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:55 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Definately The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug! It was trash!

@r4p17, please explain.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues