z

Young Writers Society

Love- A Keepsake.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:00 pm
rhiannonlayla says...

Love- A Keepsake is a small book of romantic poems, published in 1981.

I discovered it whilst waltzing like a child throughout my Mother's brilliant literature collection, it was given as a gift in hope the 16 year old, future 'small-time-yet-beautiful' would one day believe in love. She did, hence, my birth & this submission & review.

The collection begins with 'Colours', written by Yevgeny Tevtushenko, the poem is a narrative based on the tragic realisation that one paticular persons position in their life & love causes them to realise 'the poverty of what I have'.
Other poets whos work is included include Elizabeth Barrett Browning, & a translated poem 'People Hide Their Love' translated from Chinese, the original poet Emperor Wu-Ti.

My paticular favourite was an untitled poem by Roger McGough, ethereal & classicaly bohemian in it's view of a life of love with another, it begins with 'Our love will be an epic film.'

The book is one I take with me when going on long car trips or on a plane, as it accesorises stranger scenery perfectly, ethereal & able to convert the sternest of human to an utter romantic, if only for a hour, minute, or so.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 pm
posum says...

That was interesting but definitly needs work
To die is to lose and I always win
except for that one time...
that really hurt...

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 am
WritersUnleashed says...

posum wrote:That was interesting but definitly needs work

So does your reviewing skills. Elaborate.

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil