Young Writers Society

Heir series

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:54 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Has anyone read the Heir trilogy by Cinda Chima

Book 1 Warrior Heir
Book 2 Wizard Heir (my personal favorite)
Book 3 Dragon Heir

If you have how did you like it. If you haven't you should read them.

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am
Dee says...

Hi, i'm Dee
I've read books 1 and 2, and personally I enjoyed them. However, by the time I read the second book I felt like it was too "young" for me (which sucked because I really liked the book). So in conclusion, I really enjoyed the series. Also, I see it as a perfect transition series (for the transition from juvenile/tween to teen). But, I think i'll only pick up Dragon Heir as a random choice.

THE SERIES IS STILL AWESOME THOUGH! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 pm
TheWordsmith says...

What's it about?
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

Reviews: 3
Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:56 am
Dee says...

Okay going to try and give a summary:

Thousands of years ago 4 people were enslaved by a dragon. However the four decided to rebel against the dragon. One was an enchanter(who could enchant and influence others), one was a sorcerer (who could make magic items), one was a warrior (who had amazing strength and fighting ability) and the last was a wizard (who had the ability of using magic spells). Together the four were able to seal the dragon away. But then, the wizard tricks the other three into signing a contract that makes them slaves to the wizard. This contract is passed through the generations of enchanter, wizards, sorcerers and warriors.....

Now, each class has a specific type of magic stone that is located behind their hearts and determines which classes and powers they will be given. One day an evil doctor/wizard gives a baby that was supposed to have a wizard stone a warrior stone. Why is this bad? Because the wizards (who are split into two courts) use a gladiator style competition to determine who has power. This competition involves each class choosing a warrior and forcing the warriors to fight to death along with much more worse curses. The wizards have been taking warriors who never wanted to fight and forcing them to fight to death.

Meanwhile Jake(the baby with the warrior stone) has had his powers hidden and sealed by special pills he's had to take for a heart condition (given to him by a certain doctor...) Unbeknown to him these "heart pills" are actually for sealing his powers away, and his powers begin to show themselves on the one day he forgets to take them. Now Jake, the warrior who can also amazingly use wizard powers, has been drawn into a centuries old war. What will he do? Can he escape his fate? and will the wizards rule forever?

That's basically th gist of the trilogy. Of course that's not everything (theres so much stuff but I'd rather you read the books to see them) and I may have made a mistake in some places because its been a while since i read the books. But they're pretty good. They're the kind of books that keep you up at night because you want to finish them so badly

:P

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx