z

Young Writers Society

Does anyone else hate the Twilight series?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:45 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

All the power to those who enjoy them, but I personally think they are the worst books currently in existence.
Bella is the most annoying, passive-aggressive character and the blatant Edward worship is disgusting. Every time Edward enters a scene, Bella has to describe him for a million pages.
I only know two other people at my school who hate them.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:09 pm
Alainna says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS!

If you'd like to discuss the Twilight series, please go here. You'll find lots of opinions there already and I'm sure you'll find some people who don't like Twilight either.

Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:28 pm
retrodisco666 says...

I agree with you.
I think it should be put into a hole and be forgotten about personally.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 am
View Likes
napalmerski says...

There's nothing wrong with Twilight as such, it's the whole vampire genre raised from the dead by Anne Rice that sucks. Haha, I made a pun - vampires suck - haha, clever me. :smt003
And now to invent a plausable female pen-name and write a vampire hit! (rubs hands while darting furtive glances left and right)
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:46 am
AnonymousAshley says...

I haven't read the book but I sure do hate the movie. I like how you`re not afraid to express your opinion. Even when there might be quite a few Twilght fans on this website.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:52 am
AnonymousAshley says...

Twilight sucks, I forgot to menchen that. :]

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:04 pm
Ktg17 says...

I have not read the books OR seen the movie, but I already don't like themI don't like how everyone calls you crazy if you haven't read them, and INSANE if you don't like them!!!! I

But this is just my opinion.

I'm so thankful that I finally found some people who agree with me! :D
~Ktg
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:29 pm
Jas says...

The series is plotless garbage but I'm probably going to see Eclipse to stare at Taylor Lautner's abs. xD
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:31 pm
AquaMarine says...

Ktg17 wrote:I have not read the books OR seen the movie, but I already don't like themI don't like how everyone calls you crazy if you haven't read them, and INSANE if you don't like them!!!! I

But this is just my opinion.

I'm so thankful that I finally found some people who agree with me! :D
~Ktg

So you don't like a book you've never read, and therefore can't have a fully developed opinion on? :P Or do you not like the way people react to the books?
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:02 pm
Evi says...

Feel free to continue your Twilight discussion in this thread. ;)

*locked*
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory