z

Young Writers Society

The Sight and Fell by David Clement Davies

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:26 pm
Autumn says...

Anyone else read these?

I really liked The Sight when I read it, though that was about 2 years ago so I can't remember too much about it..

Fell is the sequel to The Sight which I'm reading at the moment.. it's really good so far.. I'm about a 1/3 of the way though.
But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:08 am
JC says...

I read The Sight a few years ago, and it was pretty good. I've tried reading it a few times since, but it's really one of those books you can only read once. I've seen the sequal and want to read it, but I'm not sure if I will. Davis is a good writer for what he does, but he doesn't captivate me as much as some.

Tell me if the sequal is absolutely amazing, I would love to give Davis another shot :D

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:55 pm
Lethero says...

I read The Sight and The Fell and I loved them. Clement-Davies is my favortie author along with MacHale and Cornelia Funke. I like the concept of anthropomorphic writing than normal writing. His other book is Fire Bringer whose MC is a anthropomorphic deer. Another good wolf story is Prophecy of the Wolves, but I can't think of the author of it at the moment and a bat anthropomorphic series by Kenneth Oppel which include Silverwing, Sunwing, Firewing, and Duskwing.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Random avatar

Reviews: 35
Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:04 pm
Venom says...

I have read both The Sight and Fell. I absolutely loved both of them. I have also read Fire Bringer, which was equally amazing.
A friend will take you to CVS to buy a pregnancy test...

A best friend will stand outside the bathroom screaming, "NAME IT AFTER ME!"

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx