z

Young Writers Society

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Reviews: 2
Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:43 am
Coralen13 says...

This is the latest book i've read and the third in his series thats called the Song of Fire & Ice. It is about the struggle between several differing families for the throne of the 7 Kingdoms, while this war is going on their is a threat to the north, north of what is simply called the Wall, a giant wall made of rock and ice, both from the wildlings clans living in the wilds of the north, and of the Others, supernatural creatures that are like incarnations of the winter. Summers can last for years and winters for just as long. The third threat to the seven kingdoms is in the form of the last remaining heir to the original family throne Daenerys, the Mother of Dragons. She is on a quest to obtain an army and ships to retake the kingdom that was stolen from her family.
Its a fascinating series with alot of details and history of the Families. I have visited his site for these books and he is planning four more books, the next is in publishing and is going to be release in two books.
Pain is the conduit to the creative soul

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:39 am
hawk says...

Yeah, I read these last year. Slightly frustrating leaving it there, it being so long before the other one, a feast for crows, I think...comes out. I heard it was two books, but there was speculation that some of the main characters aren't getting a mention.

Regardless, I’d like to see it when it comes out. In August or something, I think.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

Reviews: 2
Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:31 pm
Coralen13 says...

it has been officializd at his site, he is going to do full tale of half the characters in each, instead of half of the story for all the characters in each.
Pain is the conduit to the creative soul

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena