z

Young Writers Society

Nightlife

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu May 15, 2008 10:48 pm
OverEasy says...

If you are interested in modern fantasy then check this out! The humor is amazing, his characters are so fantastic, and his spin on mythology is really interesting.

Vampires are born, not created. They don't (or rather normally don't) drink the blood of humans. They take iron supliments to sustain them.

Werewolves don't have the same respect for humans, they will eat anything and everything. They are also born and not made.

Elves (this is my favorite) are creepy demonic creatures that have scary pointy teeth and eat people, I'm not kidding at all. Cal, the main character, is half elf.

Boggles are awesome mud monsters.

Pretty much Thurman takes everything you think you know about fantasy and flips it around on you. It's amazing.
Life is for living.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat May 24, 2008 3:30 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Ooh, sounds cool. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell