z

Young Writers Society

Mystery Book

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:50 pm
The Jesseble says...

There was this teen fic that I read once...it was really good and reminded me of the quick paced thrillers that Alan Gibbons is famous for. Its been bugging me for days now because I can't remember the name, author or characters.

The front cover was embossed with a design where the title is repeated as a motif all over the book, with a face of a boy made from the words.

It was about a teenaged boy - whose dad was hard on him. He was in the orchestra and played the trombone; which I remember because he says in the book that it looks like a frog. He tries to impress a girl, but ends up involved in a fight at a game. His dad almost kills him but I think his teacher saves him - and he uses a pen to protect himself.

---

Does anyone know the name and author?

(it's a good book :) )

TJ
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold