z

Young Writers Society

Maximum Ride: The Final Warning

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:38 pm
cat4prowl says...

Okay, so I just finished reading Maximum Ride: The Final Warning in like an hour. I ate it up.

Buuuuut... I have to say the whole global warming advertisement was annoying, because it's like blatantly obvious. I mean, sure, let's all get together and save the earth but I don't know, it kind of put me off. Maybe It's what I needed.

Secondly, it was short. Short short. Shorter than the others. I waited a year and it's like a dinky little thing!

And lastly, it didn't answer any of my questions! Who's the Voice? Is Itex gone? Will the world ever be saved?

And (I guess I lied about lastly) it's a cliffhanger!! The Voice just merrily sends them on their way to another mission? lalalalala... so there's another one?! I have to wait a whole year!!

On the plus side, it was absolutely awesome and I loved it.

Discuss.(that's an order) :roll:

-Cat

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:59 pm
Firestar says...

You don't know who the voice is!!! *dances around chanting "I know I know"*
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

135 Reviews

Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 pm
cat4prowl says...

who? *gets on knees to beg*

if anyone says jeb i will laugh so hard and tell them to read the Final Warning

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:57 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

GAAAAAH!! was anyone else annoyed that love/freak out scene between Max and Fang was EXACTLY THE SAME as if was in MR3???
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:55 pm
idle muse says...

I didn't like this book nearly as much as the others. It suddenly became incredibly preachy and moralist. Still it was definitely not a bad book. I just hope the sequel is more in-tune with the first three.
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:22 pm
Twit says...

Hang on, what one's this? I've read three... I didn't think the fourth was out yet. And I thought it got cleared up in Book 3 who the Voice was and Max's parents and all. Or is that debated in this one?

:?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:11 pm
BigBadBear says...

omg!!!! The fourth one came out?? Where can I get it?

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

135 Reviews

Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:10 am
cat4prowl says...

The fourth came out on March 17th, I think you can get it at any book store... I got mine at Borders. Don't get too excited, it's kind of a let-down book.

Hey, do you people think James Patterson got a GhostWriter? it would explain a lot.

241 Reviews

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:40 am
View Likes
lyrical_sunshine says...

UGH. if he did i've lost about a million pounds of respect for him. I have a theory that he wants to keep writing the MR series because he's making a lot of money off of them, but at the same time he's kind of lost interest in the series.

how depressing.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:36 am
Archstormangel says...

I adore those books, and so far I've only read the first two, they're wonderful!

The third one sounds intruiging. Can't wait to read it!
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:08 pm
CK Lynn says...

I agree with idle muse. All the global warning stuff was incredibly preachy and "Save Our Planet!" hype at its worst. While the UberDirector stuff was good, James Patterson could have expanded it a heck of a lot more to space out the recycling junk.
"Just saying none of us want to conquer the world won't stop some other idiot from trying."
~Liberty and Justice, by Paul Dini

www.batmanworldblog.blogspot.com

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun May 04, 2008 12:55 am
JFW1415 says...

I hate the books.

They're addicting, so I read them, but I tried rereading it once - awful. Same thing happened to me with Harry Potter. Amazing characters, awesome plot, terrrible writing.

I've read better fanfiction.

~JFW1415

241 Reviews

Mon May 05, 2008 11:40 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

:D I love MR fanfiction. Personally, I think if JP wanted a ghostwriter for the fourth one, he should have hired some of the kids who write fanfiction.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 pm
Church says...

I read the first one, became addicted. Read the second and became obsessed. Then I bought the thrid one in an airport (how stupid of me) I had figured it answered everything! What's left?
-"When God gives you lemons, you find new God" YouTube.com
-If the world is going to end soon, so be it. It can end without me. Myself
-http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=364993#364993 When the World Stops Spinning

241 Reviews

Thu May 22, 2008 2:32 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Church: Nothing. Absolutely nothing of substance. Don't buy the fourth one.

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming