z

Young Writers Society

Airborn and Skybreaker

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:56 pm
Stori says...

I loved these books. Airborn tells the story of Matt Cruse, a cabin boy on the airship Aurora. He and Kate DeVries discover a new animal called the cloud cat.

Skybreaker is about how they discover an ancient ship called the Hyperion. The action picks up, and the story never flags.

So, for fans of alternate-world fiction and fantasy, Airborn and Skybreaker are a must.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:38 pm
Rydia says...

Did someone mention Cat? Sounds cool!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:47 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

Airborn sounds pretty awesome! What's a cloud cat? Can it fly? Does it have wings? Ooh!

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:31 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

OOOH, Airborn is on my list of top ten favorite books. i haven't read Skybreaker yet but i REALLY REALLY want to.

and yes, cloud cats can fly. but Kyte, you GAVE AWAY THE TWIST! shame on you! anyway, these are amazing books. has anyone seen Treasure Planet, the movie? it's sort of like that. the characters are so well-developed. i have a bit of a crush on Matt Cruse. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:09 pm
Stori says...

Yeah, I saw Treausre Planet. Story was well done, and they adapted it to space well.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 am
Cold And Broken Halleluja says...

I've been obsessed with that movie for almost forever, and now I'm really into these books. Personally, I think that Airborn and Skybreaker would make really great movies. But, only if they stayed close to the plot in the book. You know how movies like that go sometimes. It's based on the book yet they always mess up the plot ^^
"Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Help me get that second star! If you need a review, just send me a PM. (Keep it PG, please. Except for violence... I can handle that. ^^ )

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:19 pm
Firestar says...

I love these books!!! I would recommend them to anybody.
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan