z

Young Writers Society

The Blood Confessions, by Alisa Libby

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:45 pm
little.angelfire says...

This is one of my favorite books. It's based on the myth of the Blood Countess (also known as the Dracula Countess) Elizabeth Bathory. In this story, Erzebet Bizecka, the daughter of a great count in Hungary, is obssessed with beauty and staying young. She was born under a curse stating that she will either die young, or never die. She is helped to choose her fate by a mysterious man who helps her to find the method to live forever, by bathing in virgin blood.

It's a very well written story, which is quite amazing actually since this is the authors first story that she kept revising until it was published...last year I believe. I think that even if you don't like the basic story line, than you must admire how well it's written. It's given me the insipiration to right more of books.

I hope you'll try reading it ^.^

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:31 pm
Rydia says...

Ah, I've heard of this one. Sounds interesting...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:26 am
jynxypanda says...

I've never heard of this one.. I think it's really interesting. Stories of vampires just fascinate me!! Maybe it's because I thought I was one a while back... waaaay back
"....I am TOUGH to go through coz I'm TANGIBLE!!"

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:19 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Ooh... cool sounding book. Next time I go to the bookstore I'll see if I can find it.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:00 pm
Esmé says...

Never read it, but heard of it. Sounds interesting... From what my friend said, it makes you sympathise with her, which is a fresh view on the subject.

No, but it's a really interesting topic. I did a lot of research on her a couple of months ago, and it was actually quite morbid.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:18 am
little.angelfire says...

Okay...I forgot I even did this post XD

but I'm gonna reply anyways XD

I just wanted to say it's not a vampire book. The Countess just thinks that bathing in virgin blood will keep her youth. It's very interesting ^.^ (one of my favorites!!)

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon