z

Young Writers Society

The Butterfly Tattoo

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:19 pm
Alainna says...

I'm on a world search to find ANYONE who has actually read The Butterfly Tattoo by Philip Pullman!!!

Please, please tell me that someone has read this book!!!!

And if not, give it a try. It is fantastic.

Alainna
XXXXXXXXX
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm
Meep says...

I've actually never heard of it, but I'm a big Pullman fan, so I'll check it out.
Can you give maybe a little information, plot sypnosis, sometyhing? (It doesn't sound like the usual Pullman fare, which is why I ask.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:12 pm
BellaLuna says...

I've never heard of this book, but it certainly has an interesting title. I'll have to check it out sometime.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:16 pm
Lilyy03 says...

I never heard of it either. But, from the synopsis on Wikipedia, it looks to be interesting. And it most probably is good, since it's Pullman's... I'll keep an eye out for it.

410 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:20 pm
Alainna says...

It is not like his Dark Materials, however it does captivate the reader in the same fashion.

It is based on a boy who falls in love, only to find that he has got himself into more than he can deal with.

It is more of a romance than a thriller however if romance is not your thing it could still interest you.

Alainna
XXXXX

PS. Lilly03 are you obsessed with Wikipedia because it is the only site I ever go on for homework etc. :D

Got YWS?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:29 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Well no, not obsessed, but since it's conveniently located in the corner of my browser, I do end up using it often. :P

410 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:59 pm
Alainna says...

OK, I still haven't found anyone who has read this book, so if you have, please step forward! *Scans everyone madly*.

Now is the best time to read it as it is about to be made into a film by DEH.

Here's a link to the site:
http://www.tbtproject.com/content/view/60/75/lang,en/
Spoiler Warning!! The plot of the book is described in detail!!

Alainna
xxxxxx

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:16 pm
Rydia says...

It rings a bell in my memory but it'sbeen a good few years since I read any of pullman's books so I can't be certain. They are on my list to re-read but the list is rather long...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:55 pm
snap says...

I've heard of it, and keep telling myself to get it, but I haven't yet. My to read list is currently a mile long, but this might just move up a bit because of this post. :)

PS I haven't yet read His Dark Materials, but I JUST started it. Then I can relate to everyone who says how great it is. :)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:01 am
Imelda says...

I've read it! It was pretty good, but rather depressing. That's all I remember. S'been a good few years ...

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:07 am
dele24 says...

I've read it. I thought it was really sad, but it has an awesome first line, what a hook.

Also it was published earlier under a different name, The White Mercedes or something like that, which might explain why lots of people haven't heard of The Butterfly Tattoo

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero