z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:54 pm
Poltergiest says...

[spoiler]Zabuza?[/spoiler]
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:55 pm
View Likes
The Jesseble says...

[spoiler]that is a great word! I have to say Harry is very brave, that bit when i says 'i am going to die'...that just shows how brave he is meant to be. Though Snape is braver xD[/spoiler]
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:58 pm
Poltergiest says...

[spoiler]Snape was braver. :( :cry: [/spoiler]
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:03 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Poltergiest wrote:[spoiler]Zabuza?[/spoiler]

LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we should get our virtual selves together to sing the Hogwarts song!
ohmeohmy

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Ooh, yay! :D Although, now you mention the Hogwarts Song, it seems a trifle strange that it has never been mentioned at all since PS... just a thought!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:07 pm
Poltergiest says...

[spoiler]Zabuza! It was something my friend said when he was confused. Plus he had a really big sword.[/spoiler]

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:13 pm
The Jesseble says...

KazSmurf - i read on JKR's webbie that it's because Dumbledore gets more and more graver through out the series. In PS, he is rather dandy.
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:20 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, that makes sense - sort of.

[spoiler]Oh, and I also loved the bit when Hermione is trying to persuade Harry to go to Lovegood's. Hermione: Maybe it's because Dumbledore wanted you to find out things for yourself. Ron: Yeah, that makes sense. Hermione (snappishly): No it doesn't! *giggles*[/spoiler]
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:16 am
Muse says...

wellll...

As for being a hard movie to make: well, it's certainly not the longest. Actually, it's the shortest of all the hardback Harry Potter's (4, 5, 6 and 7). Book 5 is actually the longest of them all, and that has just been made into a movie.

I have all but the second book in hardback. :P

ALSO, its exactly the same length as Half Blood Prince, but the pages are a lot thinner. They are both 607 pages long. How weird.

[spoiler] Hedwigs death was most definitely the worst. I cried. I didnt really like the bit in Gringotts with the dragon. It was a bit...........weird. [/spoiler]
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:24 am
Sureal says...

What I meant by hardback, was that they were origionally put on sale in only hardback format.

I seem to remember the first three books being only softback when they were first released, and Goblet of Fire was the first to be released in hardback.
I wrote the above just for you.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:42 am
gyrfalcon says...

I don't get it; why does practically no one love Snape? He's awesome! Sooo much better than Harry Potter! Harry's just lucky; Snape actually does stuff.

I LOVE SNAPE! *waves hand in air*

[spoiler]And, personally, I think Harry is very, very brave, especially for his age. To be frank: look at Sev when he was that young! I mean, yeah, he's probably braver than Potter NOW, but everything good Sev has done has been for love of Lily, with little consideration for anyone else. I'll admit Harry's arrogant and a bit of a glory-hog, but he had a genuinely good heart.[/spoiler]
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:53 am
Jiggity says...

[spoiler]I think that the only clunky part to the book, and the bit that confused me the most, was when Harry went into the pensieve. Now bear with me on this; he's in the middle of a massive magical siege, he has very little time in which to find an object with which he could come closer to destroying Voldemort; meanwhile Ron and Hermoine are missing and people are dying. So what does he do? He dives into the penseive?! What the hell? Now the information he found within was of course crucial to the story--btw I've always loved Snape; he's my favourite character in the movies too--but it could have been told in a much beter way I thought.

Snape is by far the bravest, and (among the) most powerful, wizard in the series. He walked into Voldemorts camp and lied straight to his face, again and again and again he pitted his mind against the dark lords and came up trumps. He took the verbal onslaught from harry, sirius and co and it didnt change his course one iota. He disliked Harry in the extreme and yet fought and died to protect him. GO SNAPE!![/spoiler]
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:55 am
View Likes
Pushca says...

[spoiler] I agree about the escape from Gringotts. It was just plain odd. As for Harry being brave...yes, he most definitely is, but there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

And I dig Snape.[/spoiler]
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:06 am
bubblewrapped says...

Loving the hidden messages ^_^ I'm the only Potter fan in the house and it's driving me crazy that I cant talk about it LOL.

[spoiler]Fred's death was the one that upset me the most. The twins were my favourite characters because they were always so funny :cry: It took me a full day to get over it LMAO. Oh, and I'm really glad Snape turned out to be a good guy ^_^

Overall I loved the book, even if it felt a little...rushed in places. I refuse to read the epilogue again though. Eurgh. I hate it when authors do that. I would have preferred more about the aftermath of the final battle, as I could care less that Harry grows up to marry Ginny and blahblahblah. I shall pretend it ended at the final chapter >.<[/spoiler]
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:17 am
Leja says...

[spoiler]
Now bear with me on this; he's in the middle of a massive magical siege, he has very little time in which to find an object with which he could come closer to destroying Voldemort; meanwhile Ron and Hermoine are missing and people are dying. So what does he do? He dives into the penseive?! What the hell?

Definately. So very... random.[/spoiler]

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly