z

Young Writers Society

SECTUMSEMPRA!!! *SPOILERS*

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:01 am
Sam says...

But with the horcruxes...I wonder if there's a loophole, like if you destroy one yourself that piece of your soul goes back into your [somewhat] body?

Which would make total sense, if we were going with the whole Dumbledore is a Horcrux thing..
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:26 am
Jessie Hartman says...

SNAPE IS STILL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:33 am
bubblewrapped says...

That would be interesting, Sam- if (as I think a lot of us suspect) Harry is the seventh Horcrux, and if he kills Voldemort without realizing he is the final portion of his soul or whatever, that could lead to some very interesting events. Harry might have to fight Voldy for possession of his body or something, like in OotP. Which would proivde a way for him to survive and stuff, yknow. Maybe.
Anyway, personally I loved the sixth book, but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for romance, LMAO. What amazes me is that I had NO idea who the HBP was. I didnt even *think* about who it might be. It seemed irrelevant, really. I tend to do that worryingly often in books; just ignore the mystery and focus on the present page. Of course, if I knew that it was going to REMAIN a mystery unless I tried to figure it out - that Rowling wasnt going to clue us in at the end - I might have been a bit more observant hehe. But rereading for the second time, it's obvious. I mean, she keeps dropping anvil- ah, hints (in the form of Slughorn) about Snape's potions ability and such. So, yeah.
I pretty much knew it was going to be Ron/Hermione, but the Harry/Ginny thing was a welcome surprise. I thought I remembered hearing something about how she was definitely not going to pair them together, but must have been just a rumor. Tonks/Lupin was also a surprise, but I gotta admit that again, I didnt really think about it. Bill/Fleur was heavily hinted at in book 4 so it wasnt exactly unexpected. I really ought to reread them all a bit more; I've got all the books on disc too and I know 1-4 back to front, but 5 & 6 are still far from familiar ground.
As to Snape being still good? I'm in two minds. From reading an interview with J. K. in Mugglenet I kind of think he's not good, since she was talking about people who were "still clinging to hope" that he might be redeemed or some such. Then AGAIN, she doesnt want to give it away, does she? So, I'm not giving a definite opinion here yet, though I lean towards him being a bad guy. Although, you know, it would be gratifying if he was still good, because I love Dumblydore, and kinda wish he were infallible. I mean, sure, Snape could have spun him a tale of remorse and such, but Dumbledore's no fool. He wouldnt be hoodwinked so easily, and while he is/was trusting, he wasnt stupid enough to trust a Death Eater without an incredibly good reason to. I dont think a story of "remorse" quite cuts it. There HAS to be more to it. But, then, even so, Dumbledore's already proved that he is definitely fallible, and Snape, if he is a bad guy, could do pretty much anything to obey Voldy, so...
Ah, circuitious logic. Where would the world be without it?
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:18 am
Soham says...

snape rocks. it was ultra cool of him to pull off suich a deception trick
I BET THAT HARRY'S SCAR IS THE LAST HORCRUX
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk
Ash Nazg Gimbatul
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk
Agh Burzum-ishi Krimpatul

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:35 am
Cassandra says...

Hmmm...I think JKR recently (read: within the last two months) said that Harry is NOT a horcrux.

Which is good. Because I think that'd be weird.

The reason I loved the sixth book so much is because of...dare I say it? I'm afraid everyone will jump on me and start stabbing me with sporks...
*whispers* Draco!
I've always been a Draco fan...you can ask anyone who remotely knows me: I've always said, "Draco isn't evil, he just needs a hug!"
I almost died when Harry saw Draco crying in the bathroom. I was just like YESSSSSS!!!!! /fangirl]

So yeah. The book was filled with Draco, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Except at the end. And then I just thought, Look at that. Draco got practically the whole book devoted to him and now he's going to be murdered by Voldy. Great.

And I was also very proud of myself for reading this in less than one day. I read in the car on the way home from the midnight party, even though reading+car=stomachache, and I read while I ate any meals. The only time I wasn't reading was when I went downstairs to my family to say "OMG Dumbledore died he fell off the tower and Draco didn't kill him which means he's good and Snape is the Half-Blood Prince and Harry and Ginny broke up!"

^As you can imagine, my parents were not happy when all I did was talk HP for the next day after I finished reading. ^_^

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
— Henry David Thoreau