z

Young Writers Society

The Bartimaues Trilogy: The Amulet of Samarkand

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:13 am
Fireweed says...

I just finished the first one and liked it alot. Bartimaeus is indeed very funny. I'm looking forward to the next 2 books...
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:43 pm
SilentGargoyle7 says...

I liked the first one because Kitty didn't have her own chapter things until the second. The end of the third one was awesome. Very sad but still awesome.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:32 am
gyrfalcon says...

I totally LOVE the Bartimaeus Trilogy!!! Deffinately on my top ten list. For anyone who cares, Bartimaeus himself provided a great deal of the inspiration for Tannar's charactor (Myth, go figure!). :-)
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:18 am
Myth says...

gyrfalcon wrote:I totally LOVE the Bartimaeus Trilogy!!! Deffinately on my top ten list. For anyone who cares, Bartimaeus himself provided a great deal of the inspiration for Tannar's charactor (Myth, go figure!). :-)

Ah, I did say he reminded me of someone :wink:

Has anyone else read his other works such as The Leap, Buried Fire or The Last Siege?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:15 pm
View Likes
avidreader10 says...

i totally agree with the fact that the book was great, i totally agree that it was hilarious, and i totally agree that there should be more books coming out (or a sub-series at least!)

I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights