z

Young Writers Society

My Sister's Keeper

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:27 am
chocoholic says...

I want to read this, but I just borrowed eight books from the library. Once I have finished all of those (plus Deception Point and Digital Fortress) I am so going to borrow My Sister's Keeper. I was wikipediaing random things yesterday, and managed to come across the page for this book. There alos some other Jodi Picolt books I'd like to read, too.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:13 pm
Rydia says...

Ooooh Digital Fortress. That's a nice book too and Angels and Demons. Dan Brown always makes for an interesting read...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:28 am
berrylique says...

I have been waiting for this book... The school library's copy is not availiable at the moment... My teacher recommended My Sister's Keeper and Plain Truth to us. She added that Jodi Picoult is a great writer, and her stories have unexpected endings.
I read The Tenth Circle already, and I thought the ending was a bit weird, but I loved the plot and story all along. It was fantastic. I would like to read her other books too, but her books seem to be very popular in our school library...
'follow the notes upon a journey,
at first sight marks one's destiny.
when the voyage comes to an end,
return lies within hasty keys.'

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:59 pm
Gadi. says...

I read My Sister's Keeper. It wasn't a classic or anything, I mean there was nothing precisely amazingly literary about it, but the philosophical idea was really what hit the jackpot. A girl who has to give her own life with no choice in order to save her sister's!!! Wow! Loved that! And I was the same age as her, so it was really weird.

I liked watching the characters explode all over each other. The last part of the book I read in a hotel in Las Vegas and had to read in the bathroom (I needed light, parents and sister asleep) and was really really shocked at the ending. The ending was good, I mean it did leave me with this bizarre aftershock all through me, though now I think it was unnecessary.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:24 pm
Esmé says...

Oh my god. Seriously, oh my god. I nearly cried. I mean, I had tears in my eyes.

Okay, I didn't exactly read the whole thing. I was in a bookstore and noticed it, and since I had some time on my hands, I sat down and started reading. I sat there for like an hour, then realized that time was indeed running out. Then I though: What the hell, and read on.

It was really, terribly sad, from what I saw. I liked how the author gave us differet POVs, though it was the mother I disliked most. Or only. She seemed a bit flat in comparison to other characters, but was still good. The whole idea of the novel was - just wow. Also, I like her writing style, and the retrospections were a brilliat move.

I ordered this book recently (the English version, for alas only Polish once were in the store), and can't wait to get my hands on it.

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn